PDA

View Full Version : EFIE-me

jdlev
06-28-2010, 04:21 PM
So I got the hho cell installed. I'm not seeing any improvement in mileage. After researching, I found out it was because of the oxygen sensor. Apparently, the o2 sensor is telling the engine to increase the fuel to air ratio. Right now, I *believe* the cell is pumping out around 1 lpm.

Is there a place online where I can find the service manual? I've got an 08 ranger with the 2.3L inline 4 engine.

From what I've read, I need to add an EFIE module to manipulate the data being sent to the ranger's cpu. Does anyone know how many oxygen sensors are on the inline 4 cylinder 08 ranger, and know where I can find them?

I've also heard that there are usually 2 or 4 o2 sensors. Half are before the catalytic converter and half are behind it. Am I correct in saying the only one's I need to manipulate are the ones before the cat converter, or do I have to do all o2 sensors in the car? Thanks!

jd

zucar
06-29-2010, 03:55 AM
With 4 cylinders in line you must only have one exhaust manifold and therefore only one oxygen sensor that is before your converter. It should be easy to see from below and would be the only one to connect an EFIE to. You will need to find it anyway to connect to and verify the voltage.

The only reason some engines have up to 4 sensors are because they are in a V configuration and have two exhaust manifolds and dual exhaust. The sensor after the catalytic converter is only to monitor it and not of concern.

Be sure to consider adding a temperature sensor as near to the exhaust manifold as possible so you do not get too lean and burn pistons and valves.

I am new here too, so please verify these things with others as well.

Good luck!

astrocady
06-29-2010, 08:49 AM
I don't have the direct link URL, but AutoZone.com has online manuals for most vehicles.

jdlev
07-01-2010, 10:53 AM
I don't have the direct link URL, but AutoZone.com has online manuals for most vehicles.

I already checked...no 08 ranger :(