PDA

View Full Version : hho on a 97 jeep 4.0

carl3336
06-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Has anyone hooked up an hho generator on a 97 Jeep with a 4.0 and also used a MAP enhansor ? I cant seem to get any mpg gains and i think the problem is with the enhansor, its wired to interupt the signal going to the ECU, but my mileage gets worse instead of better. Looking for someone who has done this on their 4.0 with an enhansor to ask if i can ,does it work for you ? Want to pic eachothers brain , yours cant be easy either, all ive been reading on Jeep sites and forums everywhere in the net says there are to many different sensors that all intertwine somehow and its a tricky system to trick successfully, although i havent found any success stories yet.

lhazleton
06-27-2010, 01:26 PM
The MAP enhancer won't do much. It just tells the ECU that there is less airflow to the intake. The O2 sensors are what ultimately determines the A/F ratio. Without adding an O2 EFIE, mileage will decrease. You need to do some homework.;)

carl3336
06-27-2010, 02:42 PM
thanks lhalzelton, thats what i was thinking i would have to do, couldnt find any info on this but with everything i have been reading it all made me think about the 02 sensor since thats where all of the readings and messages begin, im going to try it.

lhazleton
06-27-2010, 08:46 PM
PSST>>>>>>>>>>>>hey Ben>>>>>>>>>>> I'm whispering so nobody will notice.... The O2 EFIE adds millivolts, it doesn't reduce them.:D