PDA

View Full Version : Best designs

OhioHHO
06-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Hi, I'm new here, and there doesn't seem to be any organized Thread detailing some of the best designs out there. It seems that we should be more organized in sharing this knowledge for the betterment of humanity. Please post your best designs and update them as new findings are made. I hope this gets stickied so everyone can contribute.

Thanks!

myoldyourgold
06-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Best designs of What? HHO reactor, system or ??.

OhioHHO
06-25-2010, 10:55 AM
HHO reactor mainly, for most efficient output as well as the system that works best for them. I am new, and finding it very hard to figure out what system is best. wet vs. dry; number of neutral plates in dry cell... I want to find the best and start there. It doesn't make sense to start with the basic and have to figure out everything that so much time has been put into already.

myoldyourgold
06-25-2010, 11:16 AM
OhioHHO, this is not a simple question you have asked. To answer your question would fill a very large book to do it right. I would suggest you read most of what is on this and other forums first and then narrow your question down. There are a lot of variables to take into consideration. For example what is the reactor / total system going to be used for just for starters?

BioFarmer93
06-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Nah, that'd make it WAY too easy on the noobs... Dig for it in the archives, look for it here and everywhere else too. Sort the wheat from the chaff and the sh!t from the shineola. By coming here you are saying that you want to learn, and that means finding out what not to do also. Hopefully from others mistakes, of which many are documented in the archives, including my own. On the other hand, if you just want a turnkey system and are not really interested in building your own (for the betterment of humanity) then there are several company's on the 'net that sell complete ready to install systems that are pretty good. I think there is even a site that has evaluated systems and makes recomendations based on capacity/price/robustness/ease of installation.
The folks here are more into development, tweeking for efficiency and defining the best methods and processes. Since this is your first post, and you just jumped in wanting the best design and almost seem to be chastising us for not have a "best design" thread ready and available for you (for the betterment of humanity) I'm going to say "Hello, welcome to the forum... Tell us about yourself."

OhioHHO
06-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Well, not to chastise, I am just frustrated with the low key status of this knowledge. I am a student at Cincinnati State working on my Network engineering degree. I am very interested in the alternative fuels ideas. I know there are better ways of doing things, but of course, the public can't know about it...

I look forward to developing my own HHO generator and contributing my skills to the cause. A lot of what is online is either fake or outdated, what you do find, seems to be a hundred different discussions and or videos, everyone working on their own experiments. I would like to be able to start at the forefront of the technology and go from there. I currently have a small 94 saturn sl2 that I would like to try an HHO generator on. I am of course looking for the best efficiency, and also price.

astrocady
06-25-2010, 03:03 PM
For a basic system, it's hard to beat a simple 7 plate (5 or which are bipolar (neutral)) dry cell. Size your plates to allow enough current draw to produce more than enough Hydrogen to work with your engine. It's easier to turn the system down if you want less hydrogen than it is to build a bigger cell if you need more. You will need a reservoir tank of about 1 gal capacity, a separator tank of 1 or 2 quarts, and a bubbler. You will also need an efie to treat you O2 sensor. I recomend a PWM so you can edasily control the amount of current (thereby the Hydrogen production) of your cell, but many here do fine without them. I also recommend a flashback arrester as a safety to insert in your Hydrogen supply line right before the air intake. I would add to the list of recommendations of safety components a stand-alone Voltage Sensing Relay (VSR) to be inserted in your main battery feed circuit. This will insure that you system doesn't turn on until the engine is running and the alternator has raised the battery voltage up to about 13.7 volts, and will turn it back off if your voltage drops below 12.7 volts, which it will as soon as you shut off your engine.

BioFarmer93
06-25-2010, 08:49 PM
OHHHO,
I'll applaud your sense of purpose and grieve with you over the carnage that will take place in your wallet if your desire is to be able to start at the forefront of the technology and go from there. So forget 316L stainless steel as it is old tech with high electrical resistance. Nickel200 is crazy expensive, but has low resistance and will last practically forever, but not as expensive as nanocoated nickel or nickel sintered nickel plates. Then of course, you're going to want to devise some kind of cell that has no current leakage, which will require special gaskets of some exotic design that will have to be machined somewhere... And then there are the NIB magnets that are very expensive, and if China has any say in the matter will become even more expensive since they sit on something like 60% of the earths most easily mined neodymium deposits. At least the electrolytes are relatively inexpensive. I have no earthly idea of your financial resources, but you did say you are a student now, and cutting edge HHO tech isn't cheap.

If you really want to make a serious and much needed contribution to the effort, come up with a gas dryer that is easy to maintain, physically small, ridiculously simple, inexpensive and free flowing at low supply pressures. The HHO world will then beat a path to your door.

BioFarmer93
06-26-2010, 10:47 AM
YOU ROCK, SHANE! kinIseeit-kinIseeit???? (the dryer)

myoldyourgold
06-26-2010, 11:54 AM
My solution to the dryer is just the opposite. I have a system that is in the initial testing procedure and the results so far are excellent on diesels (non computer). Further testing is necessary on computer controlled diesels to verify and perfect this method. I will be testing the same on OBD II gas engines also. It is not possible to release this right now because of the necessary safety devices that are critical in order to prevent serious damage to the equipment and operator. I can say that when done right it gives you the ability to control the speed of the burn of HHO, yet having complete combustion, and insures that there is no long term damage from even small amounts of electrolyte or water getting into any part of the system where it could cause damage. This with the proper bubbler and when I say proper, I mean one must send small bubbles through enough water to clean at least 90 plus percent of all electrolyte out of the HHO. The secret is long skinny bubblers in which the bubbles travel at least 18 inches (in my testing) in a column of water or more. One must change the water in the bubbler on a regular basis. Removing electrolyte and the water, (water is also damaging to aluminum over time) is what my set up does with no dryer.

OhioHHO
06-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the information astrocady!