PDA

View Full Version : HH and O cells...seperating hydrogen and Oxygen

b1jetmech
06-19-2010, 11:34 PM
I found two different companies that make a cell which has hydrogen separated from oxygen on the output.

It is not a hard cell to construct, in fact very similar to a dry cell. However they claim there is no need for EFIE's to cheat the computer because there is less oxygen in the system but hydrogen.

I always though the introduction of HHO doesn't add more oxygen to the combustion but burns almost ALL the fuel in the cylinder which would show a lean condition. The O2 sensor is sensing a lean condition form this.

I think removing the oxygen from HHO will have less complete burn capability because hydrogen by itself doesn't burn that hard. With Oxygen mixed in we know the boom is BIGGER.

Am I on the right page on this?

H2OPWR
06-20-2010, 12:37 AM
I found two different companies that make a cell which has hydrogen separated from oxygen on the output.

It is not a hard cell to construct, in fact very similar to a dry cell. However they claim there is no need for EFIE's to cheat the computer because there is less oxygen in the system but hydrogen.

I always though the introduction of HHO doesn't add more oxygen to the combustion but burns almost ALL the fuel in the cylinder which would show a lean condition. The O2 sensor is sensing a lean condition form this.

I think removing the oxygen from HHO will have less complete burn capability because hydrogen by itself doesn't burn that hard. With Oxygen mixed in we know the boom is BIGGER.

Am I on the right page on this?

I am for one totally in agreement. It seems that everyone takes the term O2 sensor too literally. What the ECU is really looking for is unburned hydrocarbons. Most new cars are now using wide band Air/Fuel sensors instead of the old style O2's. If we are to gain fuel economy with HHO then we must get a more complete burn of the fuel which will result in a lean burn condition. Removing the O will not help and will not fool the sensors. That is just my humble opinion. I welcome opposite opinions because actually seperating the H2 from the O is not that hard and if it would help then it would be a big breakthrough.

Larry

b1jetmech
06-20-2010, 12:11 PM
After all it is a simple cell to make and I can see if we want to air up a lot of balloons it can come in handy.

Again, I think HHO influences ans more complete burn in the cylinder, that will show a "lean" condition on an O2 sensor or Air/Fuel ratio sensor.

First and foremost on a modern engine, the air fuel ratio of the engine is the number one priority then comes fuel mileage.

astrocady
06-21-2010, 09:34 AM
When you add HHO to an engine, the amount of O2 does increase, but at a much higher rate than the amount of oxygen included in HHO. A 12 liter diesel engine is going to require about 3 liters of HHO per minute, or which only 1 LPM will be oxygen. The addition of 1 LPM of oxygen, even if injected directly into the exhause, would not effect the O2 readings.

The increase in O2 readings, IMO, is because there are less contaminates (unburned fuel and other nasty exhause emissions) flowing past the sensor. The room previously occupied by the contaminates is now filled by air -- hense the increase in O2 reading.

You can see how HHO effects the level of O2 in the exhaust by viewing the data of a Dyno test on a Cat engine found at http://h2tek.com/dyno-test.html

If you skip to the far right had columns, the 3 LPM tests, you will see the amount of O2 increase 5% at idle, 44% at 1600 RPM, amd 113% at 2000 RPM. Remember, the amount of HHO is constant in all these tests, so the increases in O2 had to come from somewhere else.