PDA

View Full Version : OIL SPILL stoping equipment that can work in the gulf this week!

Roland Jacques
06-14-2010, 01:32 AM
We all know the critical nature of the OIL Spill in the gulf . I Came up with a way to stop the Leak, THIS WEEK!! It is solid and simple.
I need all help I can get.
Look at this video and if you understand how this works, Pass it on. Link it to anything you can think of, your face-book, your web site (if you have one)...
Also send it to BP, and any local and national politicians you can think of, extra attention should go to the gulf area politicians. We need to get their attention as fast as possible. The gulf is the life blood of many folks, not to mention our responsibility we have to our environment.

If you have any suggestion or comments please post them here. I would rather monitor this thread, than try to keep up with the you tube site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5aa-vsvYq0

Thanks Roland

Roland Jacques
06-14-2010, 01:34 AM
I just want to remind folks this was a concept test the actual materials will be able to withstand the pressures. They use non compressible aviation gasoline for buoyancy at 10,000 applications. at 6000 feet the pressures are less than 2500 psi there are many options at that pressure.

The Oil movement appears to be at the 4 feet per second range that velocity can be overcome with minimal problem. Also Pumps on board some ships can pumps over 3000 PSI firefighting boats pumps go higher than that . But we dont need that much pressure in this case.

I worked in Pneumatic for 14 years and and many years as a mechanic in the Coast Guard. So I'm pretty good with pressure and flows and how they work together. My problem is explaining it so every one can get it. I wish i did a better job with this video, please ask questions where you dont understand and ill explain the best i can.

Thanks Roland

Roland Jacques
06-14-2010, 09:00 AM
I forgot to mention I was able Stop the flow complety later that day on the 8 " clear tube it held 22 PSI. Im not sure how much that tube assembly could hold. Maybe 40 - 50 PSI before i comes apart.

Owen_
06-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Okay, some constructive criticism. If you want a lot of people to see this, edit it down 2:40 or less. There is a reason pop songs are always that long, and people watching things on youtube often have a extremely short attention span. I would suggest trimming it down to 1:30 + 5sec at the end saying "share this" or whatnot.
As for the flip sticks, I have to say, I'm not completely sold on them. The primary issue I have with this plan is the placing method. The delivery pipe (that would sound more effective if was an abbreviation... submersible delivery pipe system SDPS, that will do for now) ...so anyway the SDPS has to go 5K feet or so down, and past a rip in the pipe. I thought i heard that they tried dumping back-fill down it which would get in the way. Additional at the leak spot the turbulence in the well pipe would try to force the SDPS out of the well, not to mention all the strange and unexpected things that seem to be happening in this zone. If a SDPS were to get placed it might be more effective if it had a negative pressure and a nozzle like a rightsize up Kevlar umbrella.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, my intent is only to help you improve your design, and public visibility. Criticism is hard to write in a positive note on the net, often it's easy to come off as an a.hole

rcflyn
06-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Roland,
It seems that I heard awhile back, that the oil is coming out at 20,000-50,000 PSI... This Oil Spill situation is one of those scenario's that royally tick me off, so I try not to watch it too much at the moment, so I can't say for sure whether it looks like 4' per second or not. But, I remember hearing SEVERAL SEVERAL THOUSAND PSI, which makes me think more that 4' per second?????

I like your idea, I'm not sure if it'd work or not, but you've somewhat got me convinced. I've already steered a few people towards your video..
But, I've got to agree with Owen. Trim it down a little bit. It it a bit long for what little bit you're trying to show... NO OFFENCE....

Roland Jacques
06-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Roland,
It seems that I heard awhile back, that the oil is coming out at 20,000-50,000 PSI... This Oil Spill situation is one of those scenario's that royally tick me off, so I try not to watch it too much at the moment, so I can't say for sure whether it looks like 4' per second or not. But, I remember hearing SEVERAL SEVERAL THOUSAND PSI, which makes me think more that 4' per second?????

I like your idea, I'm not sure if it'd work or not, but you've somewhat got me convinced. I've already steered a few people towards your video..
But, I've got to agree with Owen. Trim it down a little bit. It it a bit long for what little bit you're trying to show... NO OFFENCE....

I think that PSI number your are referring to is the atmospheric pressure (PSIA)at the source. Which is not relevant to the plug.

The plug is only concerned with the differential pressure. (the pressure below And the pressure Above the plug). Which id bet is less than 100 PSID (roughly based on the diameter of the pipe, and the Barrels per day numbers.there giving)

YEAH, you are absolutely right about that video. I don't even want to look at it that long. It was my first ever video. And as amped up as i was, i did a very poor job with it, in all areas. I surly could have used some help with it.

Roland Jacques
06-15-2010, 09:45 AM
Okay, some constructive criticism. If you want a lot of people to see this, edit it down 2:40 or less. There is a reason pop songs are always that long, and people watching things on youtube often have a extremely short attention span. I would suggest trimming it down to 1:30 + 5sec at the end saying "share this" or whatnot.
As for the flip sticks, I have to say, I'm not completely sold on them. The primary issue I have with this plan is the placing method. The delivery pipe (that would sound more effective if was an abbreviation... submersible delivery pipe system SDPS, that will do for now) ...so anyway the SDPS has to go 5K feet or so down, and past a rip in the pipe. I thought i heard that they tried dumping back-fill down it which would get in the way. Additional at the leak spot the turbulence in the well pipe would try to force the SDPS out of the well, not to mention all the strange and unexpected things that seem to be happening in this zone. If a SDPS were to get placed it might be more effective if it had a negative pressure and a nozzle like a rightsize up Kevlar umbrella.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, my intent is only to help you improve your design, and public visibility. Criticism is hard to write in a positive note on the net, often it's easy to come off as an a.hole

This is the kind of criticism that can make this work. Please Keep it coming Thanks.

You are absolutely right about the pressure will want to push the SDPS back out the pipe. (I love the acronym) I believe the weight of the SDPS alone will do this by itself. but if not, it will have to be weighted or ___ to handle the differential pressure.

I think i need to hire an actor to do this video, I'm really not the right guy for this job. I don't fit the mold of someone to be able to help with this situation. But I'll keep trying for now.
Maybe someone with some clout and charisma will take this ball and run with it. Hint Hint

Roland Jacques
06-15-2010, 10:55 AM
"Clarity over Agreement" is my motto don't ever worry about that with me. Keep it comming.

Owen_
06-16-2010, 04:58 PM
"Clarity over Agreement" is my motto don't ever worry about that with me. Keep it coming.

If only every one had this attitude, But then more people would be better inventors, and I don't like lots of competition.

anyway, i came across this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5bLdOP4VZ8 which shows an idea of what things look like, and it sure is one hell of a mess.