PDA

View Full Version : hydraficient cell.. use's 95% plastic to make HHO

daveczrn
07-29-2008, 02:57 PM
alright so i found this crusing around the net.
if you watch the video's it doesn't look like he's producing as much HHO as he's saying he does..he says 3-4 lpm at 15amps.

www.hydraficient.com

This advanced Water Fuel Cell includes our Patent-Pending electrode technology, Hydraficient Electronics Pack (Dual Dynamic O2 Sensor Managers, Water Temperature Sensors, Power Management Controller, Ice Prevention, and Overheating Prevention), Tubing, Connectors, Electrode Maintenance Tools, and Instruction Manual.

We have made this an all-in-one kit allowing the novice home/hobbyist user as well as the professional mechanic the ability to install the unit in most cars in 25-60 minutes.

This system will work with most Gasoline or Diesel engines to improve gas mileage by 20-100%, reduce emissions by 30-50%, and actual improves the vehicles overall engine performance.

Just pop off the cap and fill it with water every time you fill up your car. No special water needed. No Harsh Chemicals to Add.

1999 LS 400 with V-8 engine. This car is extremely powerful and very fast but gets terrible mileage. Average is about 16.5 MPG on my standard test route.

With the Hydraficient prototype installed WITHOUT using the O2 Management, the car turned in an incredible 29.0 MPG for a 75.8% Improvement in gas mileage. This is incredibly exciting. One interesting thing I noticed was that during some slight downhill portions of the road where I took my foot off the throttle, I felt some accelleration occurring that seemed beyond the normal expected hill effect. The HHO was definately affecting the performance. (NOTE: My test route is a long circle so uphills are offset with downhills.)

The Hydraficient Patent-Pending electrodes are the secret sauce that makes the Hydraficient Water Fuel Cells more efficient, more economical to operate, and the most safe hydrogen technology available for your vehicle.

These electrodes will need to be replaced every 4-6 months depending upon driving levels and water conditions. These are user installable in 3-5 minutes.

Stratous
07-29-2008, 03:01 PM
I have watched his Youtube vids, he is measuring the gas differently that we do hence his large claims.

daveczrn
07-29-2008, 03:10 PM
I have watched his Youtube vids, he is measuring the gas differently that we do hence his large claims.

Yes i believe he measured the bubble diameter coming out of his tube and went from those figures to claim the output he's getting.

snapper1d
07-29-2008, 04:13 PM
He is the same one that was showing his graphite plates in a post on here.I noticed that on his web site he sell electrodes for $40 and they have to be replaced every 3-4 months.If he uses the graphite in those units I would not thing that they would have to replaced like that.

daveczrn
07-29-2008, 04:22 PM
i dont remember the post.... got a link?

Omega
07-29-2008, 04:30 PM
The output claims need to be based on direct measurement instead of guessing bubble size and number of bubbles per second.

I would like to know what his electrode material is.

I don't think that this is the same guy that had the graphite plates.

HHOhoper
07-29-2008, 05:55 PM
i dont remember the post.... got a link?

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?p=5746#post5746

justaguy
07-29-2008, 09:03 PM
This is the one
http://hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=627

wljohns
07-29-2008, 09:15 PM
This is the same as I posted in another thread.

Went to the shed took down two carbon arrow shafts. Connected power from battery. Immersed in electrolite consisting of 1teaspoon NaoH in 1 gal distilled water. And BAM got production.
They would NOT arc out of the water and the connections were above water so the shaft HAD to be carrying the power.

Looked on ebay and shafts can be got fairly cheap in smaller sizes.
But how to attach other than clamps??
IDEAS?????

wljohns
07-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Maybe carbon brushes, Ya know from an alternator,fan or starter. In the bottom of the pvc pipes, all you would have to do is cut a slit in the bottom. Hopefully I can try it tomo.

countryboy18
07-29-2008, 11:04 PM
so it worth going to the bow shop and asking for any broken arrows or the scraps from the new arrows that they cut. to use instead of using SS

wljohns
07-30-2008, 09:19 AM
I dont know if it is there yet. But maybe for experimenting. I will try more today.
If I can get by all the Honey-do projects. Ya know they come first. LOL

justaguy
07-30-2008, 08:20 PM
I wonder how graphite fishing rods would work?

daveczrn
07-30-2008, 08:39 PM
I wonder how graphite fishing rods would work?

graphite conducts electricity pretty well...why wouldnt it work?

Smith03Jetta
07-31-2008, 12:50 PM
What is the best way to attach your wires to the graphite? I'm totally ignorant of the properties of Graphite. I didn't really understand Stainless Steel either until I started testing this stuff.

justaguy
07-31-2008, 08:04 PM
I don't know if he knew what he was talking about but a guy told me that graphite wouldn't hold up very long in the electrolyte.

hydraficient
07-31-2008, 08:21 PM
Yes i believe he measured the bubble diameter coming out of his tube and went from those figures to claim the output he's getting.

Hi guys... I am one of the owners of Hydraficient. This thread was brought to my attention so I thought it might be a good idea to clarify some points. If you have questions, please ask. Except for proprietary technologies I will be glad to answer anything I can.

Gas Production:
Our system is designed to work under vacuum. We use a proprietary electrode design that makes large quantity of really small bubbles. Without the vacuum many get suspended in the water and release slowly. Under vacuum we can really pull out the gases.

With all that in mind, it is pretty much impossible to measure lpm. We have tested it extensively on vehicles. Our resulting action on the engines is equivalent to 2-3 lpm.

Tony
http://www.hydraficient.com

hydraficient
07-31-2008, 08:24 PM
He is the same one that was showing his graphite plates in a post on here.I noticed that on his web site he sell electrodes for $40 and they have to be replaced every 3-4 months.If he uses the graphite in those units I would not thing that they would have to replaced like that.

Again.. Let me clarify reality. I am one of the Hydraficient owners.

We do not use graphite in our electrodes. We do not put anything strange into he water. In fact, we want just tap water. Nothing more.. Nothing less. With 6 Amps of power we can influence fuel efficiency like a 30 Amp 2lpm unit.

Tony

HESHYDRO
07-31-2008, 09:16 PM
It is pretty easy to get 25% better economy.
My 4.0L Jeep gets 26% better mpg with just an hho bottle thats pulling 15amps. :)

I am greedy though, I want 300% better :D :D

hydraficient
07-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Sure... 25% isnt that hot.

Most get 40-80% but we guarantee 25%. I dont know many offering a guarantee on results.

Tony

HESHYDRO
07-31-2008, 09:56 PM
That is a good Garantee. And if I weren't going to build one, at the price you are offering I would buy it. I did the math on the savings for how much I drive, and at 25% It would pay for itself in just over 2 months.
I was not trying to say anything bad about your system.
So like I said I'm just greedy :) And of course I'm having fun learning.

HomeGrown
07-31-2008, 09:58 PM
Didn't you claim 80 mpg on a '94 Camry in one of your videos? Please describe in detail what you did to the car to achieve this. Also, were these real-world results, or some sort of calculated presumptions?

While it may be true that you pull out more gas under vacuum, that would be true of any cell. A free-flowing bubble volume test still gives a good baseline for comparison.

daveczrn
08-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Hey Tony... glad to see you hear trying to answer any of the questions you can.

I have a question that may just be a hurtle that you had to cross. I am guessing that the only way to use tap water only is because the electrodes are very close. which is why the bubbles are very small, am i correct?

you say your system needs to be run on a vacuum.. how much vacuum? i want to be sure i can measure the vacuum to make sure my vehicle will be good enough, as well i want to make sure the spot i pick in my vehicle would be good enough.

what type of electronics are there? i would guess some type of pulse with module?

thanks in advance
dave

hho_underground
08-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Hmmm.... this stuff is interesting...
http://www.outdoorwoodfurnaceparts.com/prod03.htm#Aluminum_Pex

Stratous
08-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Hmmm.... this stuff is interesting...
http://www.outdoorwoodfurnaceparts.com/prod03.htm#Aluminum_Pex

What is it, I didnt see a product description.

hho_underground
08-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Its plastic-coated aluminum piping. I was wondering if it would be a good electrode or not.

Stratous
08-01-2008, 08:19 PM
I dont think it would, the plastic is an insulator. It would prevent the neg. electrons from being able to transfere back. Am I missing the point of your idea?

HomeGrown
08-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Its plastic-coated aluminum piping. I was wondering if it would be a good electrode or not.

No, the concept of an HHO cell is to have exposed electrodes in the water/electrolyte solution, which is why stainless is the most widely used material. Holds up well and doesn't corrode. Technically, bare aluminum would probably work gangbusters, but not for very long. ;)

HomeGrown
08-01-2008, 09:04 PM
you say your system needs to be run on a vacuum.. how much vacuum? i want to be sure i can measure the vacuum to make sure my vehicle will be good enough, as well i want to make sure the spot i pick in my vehicle would be good enough.

dave

Dave, are putting one of these cells in your Taco? Are you doing anything with the O2 sensor?

BTW: how'd you get an '09 already? I've got an '08 reg. cab 4x4 with the 2.7L 4 cyl. w 5-speed (manual) and love it, but I do only get around 20-22 mpg with it. Love to see a pic of your truck!

daveczrn
08-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Dave, are putting one of these cells in your Taco? Are you doing anything with the O2 sensor?

BTW: how'd you get an '09 already? I've got an '08 reg. cab 4x4 with the 2.7L 4 cyl. w 5-speed (manual) and love it, but I do only get around 20-22 mpg with it. Love to see a pic of your truck!

I'm still playing with designs to decide what i want inside my truck. Yes i got the first 09 tacoma in my about a 200mile radius. They are out and i have had it over a month now.

yes i am paying close attention to the guys that are working on the afr sensors.. i will be right behind them with what they are doing.

here is my truck

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn120/daveczrn/a296f7a9.jpg

HomeGrown
08-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Very nice! :cool:
Here's my '08. I've had it about 4 months now. It's only on a 12 month lease, and I'm considering getting the same model in an '09 in Barcelona red (new color option for '09). I thought they were supposed to have some sort of gray tinted headlight covers for '09, but yours look pretty clear. Does it have the LED taillights? That is supposedly one of the upgrades for '09.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/autocadder/Taco1.jpg

daveczrn
08-02-2008, 01:10 AM
yea headlights are a grey tint to them, led tails, powered sub, side curtin airbags... all 09 updates... But my favorite update... back up camera in the tailgate with the display in the rear view mirror.

HomeGrown
08-02-2008, 07:53 AM
yea headlights are a grey tint to them, led tails, powered sub, side curtin airbags... all 09 updates... But my favorite update... back up camera in the tailgate with the display in the rear view mirror.

Nice! I bet they won't carry the camera option to the reg. cab though. They pretty much only offer it stripped. No audio options, no p/w or p/l, no driving lights, etc.

I still love it in spite of all that, and it fits easily in my garage. :cool:

wljohns
08-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Sure... 25% isnt that hot.

Most get 40-80% but we guarantee 25%. I dont know many offering a guarantee on results.

Tony

If I order ONLY electrodes will you sell them or will you cancel the order since I have not bought a working unit?

You using carbon stock, or carbon welding rods?
You stated in one of your videos that the entire unit cost $5 to build so please explain $375. I understand making a living, R&D, manufacturing, etc. but come on. This whole movement seemed to be about changing the world not getting someone else rich like the oil companies. I am not trying to flame you I promise, but this whole forum has been about helping each other, but you seem to be helping yourself to FREE advertising and giving nothing in return.

HomeGrown
08-02-2008, 08:16 PM
He may be supplying the control circuit, bubbler, and all misc. hook-up components with a kit. I don't know this, just a presumption to support the $375 pricetag.

Many places are charging highly inflated prices for these things just because they save gas. Today, gas is pretty "low" here, @ $3.75/gal. This means that you won't break even until you've saved 100 gallons of gas. Of course, who knows how long it will stay at this price before it goes back up past $4.00, in which case the unit will pay for itself in a shorter amount of time. At 20 mpg vs. 25 mpg (the 25% increase), I'd have to drive 10,000 miles to save 100 gallons. I guess all things considered, that's not a bad payback. Look at how much K&N charges for their cold air intake systems, they easily push $250, and you might see a 5-10% increase in mileage.