PDA

View Full Version : Different behavior...

BioFarmer93
06-06-2010, 08:25 PM
I decided to experiment a little, so when I topped off the reservoir this afternoon I used hydrogen peroxide instead of distilled water. I started the truck and turned on the system, then put a balloon over the outlet to the engine. When it was full I tied it off and let it go. It fell to the ground. WTF?!? So, I put another balloon on the outlet and let it fill, tied it off and let it go... This time it floated away. The next three did also. Anyone got any ideas?

H2OPWR
06-06-2010, 09:42 PM
I decided to experiment a little, so when I topped off the reservoir this afternoon I used hydrogen peroxide instead of distilled water. I started the truck and turned on the system, then put a balloon over the outlet to the engine. When it was full I tied it off and let it go. It fell to the ground. WTF?!? So, I put another balloon on the outlet and let it fill, tied it off and let it go... This time it floated away. The next three did also. Anyone got any ideas?

Yes, I have done this same experiment before. As you know Hydrogen Peroxide is H2O2. The extra O is loosley bonded with the H2O. You probably used normal drugstore Hydrogen Peroxide. It is 3% H2O2 and 97% distilled water. At first the extra loosley bonded O will come right off. In fact I was tricked for a while into thinking it was helping MMW. In fact all it was doing is giving me extra Oxygen for a while then was just a normal solution of distilled water and KOH. I was using 50% Hydrogen Peroxide. Dangerous stuff but the effect would last longer.

Larry

BioFarmer93
06-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Thank you Larry,
That is pretty much what I was thinking because of the initial sinking then subsequent flying, but it is terrific to have a resource for the validation that yourself and other board members are able to supply.