PDA

View Full Version : This is going to sound ridiculous...

HHOhoper
07-29-2008, 01:49 PM
The other day I was talking to the guy that introduced me to HHO. We were just shooting the breeze and talking about this stuff. Then I jokingly said we should put urine in an electrolyzer. I expected a laugh out of him but instead he got a thoughtful look on his face and said, what about ammonia? Out of sheer curiosity, has anyone ever tried ammonia? (or urine for that matter!) Ha, ha! :o

dennis13030
07-29-2008, 02:18 PM
I posted a question a while ago about piss in the electrolyzer. Now thats electrolyte! My concern was if someone was running a car on strait HHO(no gasoline) and they ran out of water in the middle of nowhere, would piss get them more miles? Urine(piss) is mostly water.

Stratous
07-29-2008, 02:41 PM
The question is, who will be the first one to urinate on there HHO generator.... I can picture it now...lol errr smell it.....yikes:eek:

dennis13030
07-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Not me........... unless its an emergency. Eeeewwwwwwwww nasty.

mario brito
07-29-2008, 03:14 PM
i'll do it ! :)

Portuguese people are not civilised, so it whon't hurt my image. LOL

Stratous
07-29-2008, 03:15 PM

LMAO, ok that was funny

HHOhoper
07-29-2008, 03:42 PM

I KNEW there was some weirdo who could put my curiousity to rest without my need to perform the experiement myself! Kudos to you Mario! Ha, ha! :D

To what Dennis said; imagine you're at a gas station and someone walks in carrying a strange looking container and they tell the attendant: excuse me, I'm out of fuel, may I use your restroom! Ha!

Smith03Jetta
07-29-2008, 03:46 PM
There is an interstate highway exit on my way to work on Interstate 75 in Georgia where some trucker throws out a bottle of Pee beside the road every couple days or so. I'm sure it has fermented for a while once I drive by. Free Energy???

HHOhoper
07-29-2008, 03:51 PM
There is an interstate highway exit on my way to work on Interstate 75 in Georgia where some trucker throws out a bottle of Pee beside the road every couple days or so. I'm sure it has fermented for a while once I drive by. Free Energy???

Ha, ha, ha, are you serious?? How do you know this? ;) Watch, in addition to blood banks, they'll have "urine banks."

Mario, if you're seriously going to do this, you HAVE to post the results!

Smith03Jetta
07-29-2008, 04:06 PM
18 wheeler trucks pull over at a certain spot right off the exit all the time. Some times when I drive by there, Gatorade bottles full of "YELLOW-ORANGE GATORADE" are laying on the ground. Look below. There's a truck pulling up ready to drop off some "Fuel"! That's my car approaching from the WEST. I'm not sure why they throw their bottles out at this location. There's a Flying J truck stop across the interstate.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=r++esaca,+ga&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=34.576276,-84.951546&spn=0.001886,0.004828&z=18

snapper1d
07-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Mario you do come up with some good ones.LOL
I worked in the asphalt business for 15 years and we have been noted for uirnating just about anywhere.Piss on the hot 300 degree asphalt then roll over it with your compaction roller.WOW!!! that is some nasty smell!!!

HHOhoper
07-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Ha, ha, ha, maybe we shouldn't pursue this even if it does work!

mario brito
07-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Ha, ha, ha, are you serious?? How do you know this? ;) Watch, in addition to blood banks, they'll have "urine banks."

Mario, if you're seriously going to do this, you HAVE to post the results!

off course ! :)

i'm really going to do it. it's all atoms anyway...

HHOhoper
07-29-2008, 04:57 PM
off course ! :)

i'm really going to do it. it's all atoms anyway...

Ok! We are all ANXIOUSLY awaiting to hear how it goes!

Stratous
07-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Just make sure it isnt powered up when you do it!!!!! BBQ weiner schnitzel that smells like urine and gets 50MPG!!!

dennis13030
07-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Did someone say hot dogs? Mmmmmmm

mario brito
07-29-2008, 06:48 PM
i saw that mythbusters episode too :)

don't worry i'll be carefull ! LOL

anyway, i can't pee 1L in just one time, so i got to put it in a bottle :)

Smith03Jetta
07-30-2008, 09:20 AM
This reminds me of an old movie where three guys were riding in a truck or SUV. The radiator hose sprung a leak and the engine overheated. The guys needed to get somewhere fast so they all dropped trou and a couple of them peed in the radiator. The third one was reluctant to pee with the other guys watching so they got into an argument about it. Discounting the cheezy drama, Just how much could 3 guys pee help the cooling system.

That amount is somewhere between 800 to 2200 ml in a 24 hour period. Let's say I go 4 times a day, that's at most 550 ml per period. I doubt that 1650 ml (3 guys) of urine could have helped the cooling system of that large V8 engine.

HHOhoper
07-30-2008, 11:35 AM
This reminds me of an old movie where three guys were riding in a truck or SUV. The radiator hose sprung a leak and the engine overheated. The guys needed to get somewhere fast so they all dropped trou and a couple of them peed in the radiator. The third one was reluctant to pee with the other guys watching so they got into an argument about it. Discounting the cheezy drama, Just how much could 3 guys pee help the cooling system.

That amount is somewhere between 800 to 2200 ml in a 24 hour period. Let's say I go 4 times a day, that's at most 550 ml per period. I doubt that 1650 ml (3 guys) of urine could have helped the cooling system of that large V8 engine.

Pee that is heated to 190+ degrees has to smell wonderful.

HomeGrown
07-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Not exactly pee, but I did pour G2 in my cell. I was stitting there one day and my wife had just opened a bottle of grape G2, took a couple sips, then decided she didn't like it. She asked if I wanted it, to which I replied "No .... .....Yes" (after I looked at the label and saw the word "electrolytes"). Why not?? I took the bottle and disappeared into the garage.
Seemed to work well, other than a strange grape scent. :D
I might add that it ran very clean in my cell, without the typical brown scum that I get from my tap water.

Jaxom
07-30-2008, 12:51 PM
This reminds me of an old movie where three guys were riding in a truck or SUV. The radiator hose sprung a leak and the engine overheated. The guys needed to get somewhere fast so they all dropped trou and a couple of them peed in the radiator. The third one was reluctant to pee with the other guys watching so they got into an argument about it.

"Red Dawn" starring Patrick Swayze.....it was an old carbed Chevy pickup with a roll bar. I have it on DVD. :D

Being that urine is mostly water and has some salt content, I have no doubt it will work. It'll probably generate some toxic fumes (both literally and figuratively) but I can see it as an emergency fuel. Just don't let the cops see you topping off your cell, indecent exposure is serious business.

HHOhoper
07-30-2008, 01:19 PM
"Red Dawn" starring Patrick Swayze.....it was an old carbed Chevy pickup with a roll bar. I have it on DVD. :D

Being that urine is mostly water and has some salt content, I have no doubt it will work. It'll probably generate some toxic fumes (both literally and figuratively) but I can see it as an emergency fuel. Just don't let the cops see you topping off your cell, indecent exposure is serious business.

This is going to sound twisted, but as a kid I thought it would be the coolest thing in the world if we could make a fuel from urine instead of flushing it down the toilet, metaphorically and literally :D. Maybe that "dream" will be realized. Ha!

HHOhoper
07-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Mario, are you drinking plenty of fluids? Drink a lot of OJ as it's acidic!:p

Jaxom
07-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Gatorade too....for the electrolytes. :D

HHOhoper
08-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Mario?? Where'd you go? Are you still farming...fluid?

BigTruck
08-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Ammonia? Check this out.
http://www.ammoniafuelnetwork.org/projects.html

Ammonia is mostly hydrogen and nitrogen. Air is 78% nitrogen. The nitrogen may be the missing link as to why the HHO works. Ammonia is made by mixing hydrogen and nitrogen under heat and pressure.

Basically, we may be making ammonia. We may just be making high octane piss!

agentc0re
08-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Gatorade too....for the electrolytes. :D

LOL, Don't you mean Brondo?! Thats what plants crave, is Electrolytes!!

smartHHO
08-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Urine is mostly water. I was watching the british show where they do some weird science things. They were asked if one could drink their own pee. So, they did research and after a bit, located the answer and tried it. They had to filter the pee about 10 times thru this filter, and then the acid of it was low enough to equal that of normal drinking water. So, after it was done, they guy drank a sip of his own. It was nasty, but, he said he would only drink the full thing if he was hurting for water, like out in the middle of nowhere with no water. YUK!!! So, you probably could run it, but I am wondering if it is more corrosive in the long run then normal mix.

buffordboy23
08-20-2008, 10:41 AM
I expected a laugh out of him but instead he got a thoughtful look on his face and said, what about ammonia? Out of sheer curiosity, has anyone ever tried ammonia? (or urine for that matter!) Ha, ha! :o

Ammonia gases can be very toxic. Interestingly, if you had liquid ammonia--don't count it--then you could produce about 6 times more hydrogen than with water by electrolysis using the same input energy.

timetowinarace
08-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Okay, I can't resist the temptation to post.

This could be the new 'biofuel' of the hho community. ;)

Now for the business side. Ever hear of the saying "I have to piss like a racehorse"? My username 'timetowinarace' is the name of one of my horses. My horses are used to peeing in bottles, at least the ones that can win races. Testing is required, so urine is collected. I garrantee a horse can fill a 2L bottle in one go. It would have a high electrolyte content as we feed electrolytes to our equine athletes. So, put your orders in now for my 'Premium Gold' brand electrolyte solution. LMAO

HHOhoper
08-23-2008, 01:38 AM
That is hilarious! I'm still waiting to hear if Mario is going to try this! Are there any other takers out there who want to try this idea? :D