PDA

View Full Version : Neewb First post and questions that need some direction

BlackWolf
06-04-2010, 04:49 AM
Hi I have been reading and downloading ebooks and reading some more. what brought me to HHO was wanting to run a propane water heater off it. I got as far as making the connection that the H and the O make 2 part of the triangle to make combustion and it would be bad to store. if there's a safe way feel free to let me know. anyway i am now looking at hho for engines. . I do minor to some labor intense car repair. all my cars I got cheap. totaled out or not working. I fixed them with used body parts or used engines etc. Here are my autos:
1981 Ford Bronco V8 - 5.8L vin G 351ci - 2BBL GAS OHV (351M)
I don't know the alternator amps on this one. I replaced it but long ago!
1991 Honda Civic LX L4 - 1.5L 1493cc type D15B2 - MFI GAS SOHC
with An 60 amp alternator ( I know cause a replaced it !)
1996 Dodge Stratus ES L4 - 2.4L vin X 148ci 2429cc type EDZ - MFI GAS DOHC
With an 90 amp alternator ( I know cause i replaced it !!!)
I have a few questions. now I'm thinking of starting out with a wet cell (smacks). 16 ss wall cover plates. +nnnnnn--nnnnnn+. that's a total of 8 cells cause 2 plates make a cell. even though there neutral voltage jumps make them have a voltage differences so one neutral plate will be more positive as the other will be more negative. i plane on playing with the civic first then if all goes good move on to dry cells and try to tackle the bronco. my issue is how do i test gas production? (like how much it makes and thats related to air fuel ratio right?) i have a battery charger Black n Decker smart charger 2/6/12 volt or maybe its amps i will look. how do i test the amps the gen pulls? how do i test total amps my car pulls so i know how many amps i have free to play with.
i think thats it for playing around for cheap at first. know how many amps i got to play with, know how many amps its using, know what my production rate is. use # of plates and cells to figure out voltage on each cell. i still need to read about mixing koh. does gold plated things or sliver plated things react bad with koh?
p.s. any web pages on math as far as amps, volts , cell calculation goes would be helpful.

Thanks the Blackwolf