PDA

View Full Version : 1985 BMW 524TD HHO install

rcflyn
06-03-2010, 07:18 PM
So, I finally get around-tuit today, to start the Beemers HHO install. There's this nice little shelf Right in front of the Air Cleaner that will hold everything Very well. so I grab the Diamond Cell and Res, and go out and start scooping things out. Only problem is, Everything is TOO Big to FIT with the Air Cleaner Lid in place. The Air cleaner mounts directly to the Front of the Turbo. I can take the Lid off, Everything fits great, untill I go to put the Lid back in place.. So, I've come to the conclusion, I've either got to Re-Design a Reactor to fit with the Lid in place, Or, get an aftermarket POD Style air-cleaner. Either route will probably cost aboot the same. but the air-cleaner route will go faster. HOW EVER, I'm concerned about how I'll Route the HHO into said New air-cleaner. When you Pull the Air-cleaner lid, you can Look right into the Impellers of the Turbo. If I go with an after-market POD Style Air Cleaner, my options for plumbing the HHO in are going to be very Limited. I'll have to plumb it in Directly in front of the Impellers.... My concern here is, When the Turbo Spools up to full potential (or even starts spooling up for that mater) It's SUCKING Air in like Crazy. Will this cause my HHO Output hose to have enough of a Vacuum place on it, that it might start sucking liquid out of the Bubbler? My Last Bubbler has an airstone in in it, and the Airstone makes the Water have lots of bubbles piling up on each other (Almost looks like your Dish Water when you first fill up your sink, only the bubbles pop a lot quicker in my bubbler). And the more I think aboot it, I think I'm going to build a 3rd bubbler for the BEEMER, just because the HHO is going to be introduced SO Close to the Turbo since I've got to get rid of the original Air Box.
(oh ya, I think I got my Turbo terminology mixed up, I think the Impeller is on the Exhaust side, and the Compressor is on the intake Side, So swap Impeller for Compressor)
Thoughts? Comments? Ideas???

Thanks All...1576