PDA

View Full Version : Searching a nice efficient setup

yanlapanic
05-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Hi , im new here , first message .
Im thinking about putting some hho in my car ...

Now I have 2 big cell (water filter module) with 5 plates in each but its too big an it's inneficient .

PLEASE READ BELLOW TO SEE WHAT SETUP I WANT TO USE

yanlapanic
05-04-2010, 09:21 PM
i have read a lot , I had done a lot of experience ... exploding ballon, trying to start an engine with a ballon of hho connected to the carb , 710 ml pepsi bottle as rocket luncher ....

I have also read a lot but I understand a lot of thing tonight after I ask the question ..

I know that I need to get my plate in serie .... (as I told in the beginning ) but know I understand why they put neutral plate in the setup

but what about current that bypass all the plate to go directly from + to - .... Lost in heat and that's it?

edit , about the ecu , i found this : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220490927029&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT
made for HHo setup , the regular version also exist .
Any idea if this work as efie enhancer

yanlapanic
05-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Glad to hear you've done some homework. There's been many results with that flash unit, my experienced with it has not bee great with the vehicle I've worked with. then again in another forum several have testimonial that it's the greatest for HHO. You need to try it for yourself. The configuration I work with and have great result is +NNNNN- and yes you will have some current leakage through the holes.

I would like to do an other setup now : +NNNN-NNNN+

all in the same water container . Why 11 plate ? cause i have 11 identical plate ...

And What about the gap ? is smaller the better ? (i dont want to use a lot of electrolyser cause with eletrolyser in water , the current will want to bypass plate to when from one side to the other only by water = heat .

what do you think about gap?

yanlapanic
05-05-2010, 09:24 PM
my configuration starts out with .040 gap, as you know torquing down the screws that secure the end plate will make that thinner. How much I don't know but it will be thinner than .040.
I use to stack up my cell like this -NNNNN+NNNNN-NNNNN+ it was a lot of amps and created steam and using PWM on it was $$$ so I decided to separate my cell. Now I run two separate cell wired independently. I can achieve my goal of 3-4 lpm easy that way.

I only want to have 1-2 lpm ... I will add some electrolyte until I hit this objective with my new setup ...

and it take a little bit of heat ... more heat = more gaz production ... until you hit 150F ... (steam if im right ) you dont want steam .

rcflyn
05-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Yan, it sounds like you're done some research, but not enough yet.
There's a couple threads in here within the wast couple weeks where Gaps are discussed. There's no deffinate answers yet tho. Some like the thin gap, some like the wide gap (I'm one of the latter)

As far as your 4 Bipolar plate configuration. I think you need to continue reading. The optimal voltage per plate gap is right around the 2volt per gap range. if you run 4 BiPolars, you'll be quite a bit above 2volts per gap, and thats where you're going to start running into heat problems. Some swear by 5 BiPolars. I've got 6. And there's others experimenting with even more.
Keep reading in here. and there's other places on the net also that has tons of information.

yanlapanic
05-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Yan, it sounds like you're done some research, but not enough yet.
There's a couple threads in here within the wast couple weeks where Gaps are discussed. There's no deffinate answers yet tho. Some like the thin gap, some like the wide gap (I'm one of the latter)

As far as your 4 Bipolar plate configuration. I think you need to continue reading. The optimal voltage per plate gap is right around the 2volt per gap range. if you run 4 BiPolars, you'll be quite a bit above 2volts per gap, and thats where you're going to start running into heat problems. Some swear by 5 BiPolars. I've got 6. And there's others experimenting with even more.
Keep reading in here. and there's other places on the net also that has tons of information.

Oh so it would be nice to have 5 neutral plate ? . I dont think it will cause heat with 5 plates .... what if I used 6 ? it will work ever better cause this will make more hydrogen and less heat . With low gap , the current will flow like a charm .

rcflyn
05-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Oh so it would be nice to have 5 neutral plate ? . I dont think it will cause heat with 5 plates .... what if I used 6 ? it will work ever better cause this will make more hydrogen and less heat . With low gap , the current will flow like a charm .

I really can't answer those questions for you. The only Basis I'm going off of is what I've read, but I can tell you, ALL My Dry-Cells have used 6 Bi-Polar Plates.
I know people who swear by 5. If it works for them, Fine. I Like 6, My Heat seems to remain low, but I think it'd run HOTTER with 5.. It seems to work for me (all be it, I've still got some issues to work out, That's an entirely different subject). and I know of people Using 7,8,or 9 Bi-Polars. The whole Idea of this is to Learn from others mistakes, If you think of something that hasn't been tried, Use your best judgment, and try it.
But, no mater what, KEEP READING. I'm sure those that I concider the "EXPERTS" here, Read daily, and they probably STILL Learn something daily.

yanlapanic
05-08-2010, 04:21 PM
I really can't answer those questions for you. The only Basis I'm going off of is what I've read, but I can tell you, ALL My Dry-Cells have used 6 Bi-Polar Plates.
I know people who swear by 5. If it works for them, Fine. I Like 6, My Heat seems to remain low, but I think it'd run HOTTER with 5.. It seems to work for me (all be it, I've still got some issues to work out, That's an entirely different subject). and I know of people Using 7,8,or 9 Bi-Polars. The whole Idea of this is to Learn from others mistakes, If you think of something that hasn't been tried, Use your best judgment, and try it.
But, no mater what, KEEP READING. I'm sure those that I concider the "EXPERTS" here, Read daily, and they probably STILL Learn something daily.

i'm turning into dry cell , I hear about this a week ago only and it's fine
so now I read about dry cell only

rcflyn
05-08-2010, 07:49 PM
I guess I was confused all along. I thought we WERE talking about dry cells.

yanlapanic
05-09-2010, 12:52 PM
I guess I was confused all along. I thought we WERE talking about dry cells.

Oh sorry , im turning into dry cell now .

yanlapanic
05-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Hi guy , so just an update , I finish my dry cell and my tank

my dry cell is -NNNN+NNNN-NNNN+NNNN-

space between plate is about 1mm
plate in contact with water = approximately 70 mm by 100 mmm (not sure)
3 hole on top and 1 holes bottom on each plate (except end plate)

I full a 710ml of HHO in 1.25 minutes .... I was expecting way more but I can also get some KOH electrolyte to make it more productive .

Drafty-01
05-15-2010, 07:56 PM
I couldn't agree more!

Reading about this technology - old as it is - is a really great way to learn about it.
There are loads of people on this forum that have different levels and fields of expertise.
Some basic electricity & electronics reading on other websites is good too, not to mention a lot of googling for information etc. Personally, I have a whole bookmarks section of my browser devoted to information on this topic, with many subdivisions for different aspects of it.

Good luck, & post some experimental results when you've done a few tests - particularly mileage improvements etc - quite interested in these myself.

Cheers,
Martin.

yanlapanic
05-18-2010, 04:28 PM
i'll continu my test but for the moment i fill up a 710 ml of hho in 1min 25 seconde ... that's bad , amp are low also , I need more electrolyte

I dont know where I can find KOH here (quebec , canada)

yanlapanic
05-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Hi , My cell setup produce exactly 600 ml per minutes . Is it enough for my small car ?

I Can't get more with baking soda (I can't add more baking soda = saturation @ 23 degres celcius)

Is KOH a better electrolyte?

astrocady
05-19-2010, 03:27 PM
KOH is much better and won't foul your plates like baking soda. Check on eBay -- there are several that sell 2 pound batches that can be shipped to Alaska. There is one in Nebraska that I've bought from before that I can strongly recomend. Can't remember the exact name, but there can't be very many selling KOH on eBay from Nebraska.

H2OPWR
05-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Hi , My cell setup produce exactly 600 ml per minutes . Is it enough for my small car ?

I Can't get more with baking soda (I can't add more baking soda = saturation @ 23 degres celcius)

Is KOH a better electrolyte?

Check local spots that sell supplies for bio diesel. They always have KOH. Also soap makers and candle makers use and usually sell it. Most local chemical outlets will have it of have access to it. When you are calling around do not ask for KOH. You will be told that they do not carry it. Ask for Potassium Hydroxide. Also mention that it is soluable potash. That is how I finally found it locally. I was just getting no until I ask for it in by the name they know it as.

Larry

yanlapanic
05-19-2010, 05:55 PM
thanks .

I barely get 800 ml per minutes .... with really hot water and 19 amps ..

it's seem bad result considering output vs amp .

anyways .

yanlapanic
05-21-2010, 12:20 PM
I disassemble my cell today , all the plate are black or orange (neutral are black one side and orange one side )

But when I say black , It like carbon deposit .

I supposed this is du to baking soda use ? Or maybe normal water ?

scalance
05-21-2010, 01:24 PM
I disassemble my cell today , all the plate are black or orange (neutral are black one side and orange one side )

But when I say black , It like carbon deposit .

I supposed this is du to baking soda use ? Or maybe normal water ?

Hi ^^, if you used Tap water (water you drink at home) then yes, you can look for more details about using tap water on the forum. I suggest you to use distilled or rain water like that your plate will stay clean.
And if you use NaOH or KOH you'll have more production.
Good luck :).

lhazleton
05-21-2010, 04:40 PM
The discoloration is impurities from minerals & other crap that's in drinking water, and also from using baking soda. Using KOH and distilled water may clear up the problem, but the carbon deposits are most likely from using a low grade stainless steel. What kind are you using and what is the amp. draw?
Before running the reactor, did you properly prepare the plates?

yanlapanic
05-21-2010, 05:00 PM
The discoloration is impurities from minerals & other crap that's in drinking water, and also from using baking soda. Using KOH and distilled water may clear up the problem, but the carbon deposits are most likely from using a low grade stainless steel. What kind are you using and what is the amp. draw?
Before running the reactor, did you properly prepare the plates?

I Don't know the grade of stainless but I know It's not the one who can resist acid .

second : I run normaly at 12 amps and when water is hot I get 18-19 amp

I do not have prepare plate ....

anyways , this was material my father give me so it reduce a lot the cost of the project .

yanlapanic
05-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Im stating to think about the next winter .... I saw that Koh is a good anti-freeze and this is nice .... a 25% koh ratio will let met go to -37 degree and this is what I want .... But I don't know how my generator will like a 25% koh ratio ... I don't want to overload everything .

For the moment my setup is like +NNNN-NNNN+NNNN-NNNN+

but only 4 neutral plate seem low im my head with 25% koh ... current will flow like crazy and this will maybe cause heat (maybe this is what we want in the winter? )

So now i'll buy some KOH

lhazleton
05-22-2010, 09:37 AM
OK, seeing your setup, I'd advise you to make some changes.
If you can get one more plate, build it like this: +NNNNNN-NNNNNN+NNNNNN-.
If you can't, dump 2 plates and run: +NNNNN-NNNNN+NNNNN-. Running the reactor with either setup will give good results. Be sure to use distilled water and make it a 28% KOH electrolyte solution.

yanlapanic
05-22-2010, 03:50 PM
OK, seeing your setup, I'd advise you to make some changes.
If you can get one more plate, build it like this: +NNNNNN-NNNNNN+NNNNNN-.
If you can't, dump 2 plates and run: +NNNNN-NNNNN+NNNNN-. Running the reactor with either setup will give good results. Be sure to use distilled water and make it a 28% KOH electrolyte solution.

28 % is too high for summmer that sure ... I just got like 1/3 pound of KOH from a guy for free

I will start my test with this KOH and some DEMINERALISED water

ANd yess I plan to change setup but before I want to exceed 1.5 LPM with this setup cause removing ''a cell '' (going from 4 to 3 cell )will decrease my LPM a lot

lhazleton
05-22-2010, 04:58 PM
You can run 28%KOH all year long as long as the reactor is built properly. The reason your reactor will run hot is because you have only 4 Bi-polar plates per stack. That's 2.76 volts per cell. Way too high! Lots of what you feel is Hydroxy gas coming from your reactor is actually steam. 5 Bi-polars per stack will bring the gap voltage down to 2.3, and 6 Bi-polars will make it 1.97, which is about perfect. It will run cool, and everything it puts out will be gas without any steam. Much more efficient!:D

yanlapanic
05-22-2010, 05:02 PM
You can run 28%KOH all year long as long as the reactor is built properly. The reason your reactor will run hot is because you have only 4 Bi-polar plates per stack. That's 2.76 volts per cell. Way too high! Lots of what you feel is Hydroxy gas coming from your reactor is actually steam. 5 Bi-polars per stack will bring the gap voltage down to 2.3, and 6 Bi-polars will make it 1.97, which is about perfect. It will run cool, and everything it puts out will be gas without any steam. Much more efficient!:D
What a nice Information complement :)
Steam do not only happend when water is pretty hot?
Is it normal if I see some '' white mist '' out of my gen ? Is this what cou call ''steam '' ?

So much question haha

lhazleton
05-22-2010, 05:12 PM
What a nice Information complement :)
Steam do not only happend when water is pretty hot?
Is it normal if I see some '' white mist '' out of my gen ? Is this what cou call ''steam '' ?

So much question haha

That's right. The 'white mist' is steam. You can't see Hydroxy gas. I posted a video on youtube of my reactor (-NNNNNN+NNNNNN-) putting out 2.4LPM. In the vid, you can see a very slight bit of vapor, but that's because it was only 12 degrees Fahrenheit (-11.2 Celcius). Friggin' cold

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AB7GrXg_uWY&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_profilepage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AB7GrXg_uWY&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_profilepage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

yanlapanic
05-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Nice dude ! But what if I had 8 or 9 neutral plate

Something like +8n-8n+
Because youre hho production is too high for what i need ; i need to boost a 1.8 litre engine

lhazleton
05-22-2010, 05:47 PM
I've run up to 8 bi-polars with success (-NNNNNNNN+). You'll need a 28% KOH solution with distilled (not deionized) water. If I remember correctly, I was able to get 1LPM with 12 or so amp draw. The 6"x6" reactor had a 6.04 MMW and the current density was only .38 amps per sq.in..

yanlapanic
05-22-2010, 05:58 PM
I've run up to 8 bi-polars with success (-NNNNNNNN+). You'll need a 28% KOH solution with distilled (not deionized) water. If I remember correctly, I was able to get 1LPM with 12 or so amp draw. The 6"x6" reactor had a 6.04 MMW and the current density was only .38 amps per sq.in..
I don't know about these mesure yet ... Can you explain me quickly what they mean ?

these are some result from test I've done 5 minutes ago : ( first test with KOH!)

My test was to fill up a bottle of 710ml

Water was starting to be a little bit hot when Ive done both test :

at 19-20 amp i've got the bottle to fill up in 35 sec (1.2 LPM :))
at 13.5 amp Ive got the bottle to fill up in 57 sec ( about .75 LPM )

I can change Amp because my baterry charger have 3 amp stages on 12 volt
the last one is to help a car start so its more violent : That where I get 19-20 amp

lhazleton
05-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Testing with a battery charger is OK, but to know what the reactor's gonna do when installed, try this simple setup: Start your car and power your unit with jumper cables. You'd be surprised at the difference it can make! I'd recommend using an ammeter when doing this so you'll know how many amps it's drawing.
I can guarantee you that it's drawing more amperage than what the meter on the charger says.

MMW= Milliliter per Minute per Watt.
Current density should always be less than .50 amps per square inch. Anything over is creating lots of heat and wasting power.

Also, what are your plate dimensions?

yanlapanic
05-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Current density should always be less than .50 amps per square inch. Anything over is creating lots of heat and wasting power.

2'' by 5.25 ''

I could try running it on my car tommorow to see what it can do .

If I have a 500 watts RMS stereo system im my car , what is left for the generator to run safely ?

yanlapanic
05-22-2010, 07:02 PM
So with the number of plate that I have ... a nice efficient setup I could make would be

+ 6N - 6N + 4N -
Maybe I could convert a ''power plate '' to neutral plate and have 5 neutral plate in the last stack .

rcflyn
05-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Testing with a battery charger is OK, but to know what the reactor's gonna do when installed, try this simple setup: Start your car and power your unit with jumper cables. You'd be surprised at the difference it can make! I'd recommend using an ammeter when doing this so you'll know how many amps it's drawing.
I can guarantee you that it's drawing more amperage than what the meter on the charger says.

Oh BOY... Battery charger...
Lee, should I even bother stepping in here????

yanlapanic
05-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Oh BOY... Battery charger...
Lee, should I even bother stepping in here????

Huh ? Im sorry?

lhazleton
05-22-2010, 08:11 PM
That was just Brian stepping in. I've NEVER seen anyone have as many problems with battery chargers as him. It's really hilarious :eek:

yanlapanic
05-22-2010, 08:38 PM
That was just Brian stepping in. I've NEVER seen anyone have as many problems with battery chargers as him. It's really hilarious :eek:

Mine is a motomaster .... really good I think .

I love it

yanlapanic
05-22-2010, 08:50 PM
If I put 25-28% KOH ... Will It corode my gasket ? and what about my copper fiting ?

Cause it is extremely basic solution if im right.

lhazleton
05-22-2010, 09:55 PM
KOH won't hurt rubber, neoprene or PVC gaskets.
You absolutely can't use any copper anywhere in a reactor!
KOH will dissolve it, but even a baking soda solution will cause it to break down. Copper will react during hydrolysis, causing nasty-looking electrolyte, plate discoloration, and possible engine damage. Fittings must be nylon or brass.

rcflyn
05-23-2010, 12:14 PM

Thats just it, it REALLY hasn't been a Charger PROBLEM, Per say (ya, we found the first one was faulty). But, it sure is funny How much the Numbers change from running with and without charger. I'm wondering if more people did as many tests as I did with mine, if more results would turn up like mine. But, then to tho, more people will need the HHO Calculator to see what I've discovered...

yanlapanic
05-23-2010, 03:53 PM
KOH won't hurt rubber, neoprene or PVC gaskets.
You absolutely can't use any copper anywhere in a reactor!
KOH will dissolve it, but even a baking soda solution will cause it to break down. Copper will react during hydrolysis, causing nasty-looking electrolyte, plate discoloration, and possible engine damage. Fittings must be nylon or brass.

Finaly I was wrong , The color of the fitting seem to be more yellow than orange ...

Orange is more like copper and yellow is more like Brass .
I found picture on google to have an idea of the color and it's can't be copper.

So brass is ok ? ( there are Truck hose fitting I got from auto-part)
my fitting are the same as the one on the bottom on this picture : http://img.tradeindia.com/tradeleads/0/org_1602022.jpg

yanlapanic
05-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Oh and yeah I forgot : NEW plate setup :D

+NNNNNN-NNNNNN+NNNNNN-

and if I want I can power the red neutral plate to give some heat to my gen during cold weather ... that's my design
in this case it would be powered by negative .... so there would be like 4.6 volt between plate so heat and heat help production (at -20 it's a must no?)

rcflyn
05-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Now wait a minute. Unless I'm misunderstanding something here (I know, happens all too often)
I was under the assumptions to NEVER use COPPER, or BRASS, if it comes in contact with E-Lyte. I've used brass a few times, they discolor very bad, THEN, I was told to never use it.... I've since switched all my fittings to Nylon, or Plastic...

lhazleton
05-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Well look at that, Brian.........You just might have come up with something useful!:D

I won't use anything but nylon, but I believe I've seen others using brass fittings. I know it sounds preposterous, but I might be wrong!
Can you imagine????????????:rolleyes:

yanlapanic
05-24-2010, 08:58 PM
for the moment I wont remove my fitting .... Water stay clean after 5 hours of working , so it's ok I think

rcflyn
05-24-2010, 09:47 PM
for the moment I wont remove my fitting .... Water stay clean after 5 hours of working , so it's ok I think

My Water stayed clear too. But, if you compare a NEW Fitting, to a USED Fitting, you'll see the metal degrading. My fittings were turning VERY Black, so I started asking questions, and was basically told No BRASS. Especially if it's hooked to an I.C.E. The Brass will harm the internals of the engine. So I pulled mine, and Installed Nylon. Not to mention, you can find Nylon Fittings a LOT Cheaper than the Brass ones....

rcflyn
05-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Well look at that, Brian.........You just might have come up with something useful!:D

I won't use anything but nylon, but I believe I've seen others using brass fittings. I know it sounds preposterous, but I might be wrong!
Can you imagine????????????:rolleyes:

I'm WATCHING U buddy... :D
I too see others using Brass, but after Some of our Discussions elsewhere, I figure, "WHY Risk it?"
But I HAD to step in this one for some reason.
I'll go back to my cubby hole and study some more for FINALS WEEK. ALREADY.. Then I get a WEEK and a HALF OFF.. YYYIIIPPPEEE... Just to start Summer term... UUUHHHGGG...

lhazleton
05-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Damn Brian........You sound like you're back in high-school again!:D
You must be havin' a 'Marcia Brady' kinda day, huh????????????

rcflyn
05-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Damn Brian........You sound like you're back in high-school again!:D
You must be havin' a 'Marcia Brady' kinda day, huh????????????

Sometimes I wish It was High School again... And it's been/going to be a Marcia Brady Day ALL Frigging week... 3 more days Brian, 3 more days. Hang in there...

yanlapanic
05-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Sometimes I wish It was High School again... And it's been/going to be a Marcia Brady Day ALL Frigging week... 3 more days Brian, 3 more days. Hang in there...

How old are you guy? you seem young ..

You may be suprised If I told you i'm 17 ?

rcflyn
05-25-2010, 08:14 PM
I only wish I was as young as I feel.
I'm 41, but REFUSE to be anything over 21. If you tell yourself you're as old as you feel, I don't think we'd grow OLD quite as fast.
I think it's AWSOME that there's a teenager in here, trying to do something with a very challenging subject. The concepts are easy, but the details can be very confusing/hard. I wish I'd have had your gumption back when I was 17. If I'd have known then, what I know now, this world would be a Much better, Cleaner place to live. Not to mention, I'd be a MULTI-MILLIONARE... but, whom amongst us can't say that?
Hang in there Yan, Learn from others mistakes, impliment your ideas, don't get discouraged from failures,improve upon what you've learned, and maybe, you'll be the one that makes that HUGH Breakthrough that brings this field to light. We've all got our own personal agenda's for doing this, but, we're all in it for the same reason also. Improved fuel Economy/save money, make the planet a "GREENER" place to live.

lhazleton
05-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Yeah, we know you're only 41 Brian, but that's chronologically speaking.
On the mental scale, yer a wee-bit younger, right?:D

rcflyn
05-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Yeah, we know you're only 41 Brian, but that's chronologically speaking.
On the mental scale, yer a wee-bit younger, right?:D

WEE BIT????? More likea LOT BIT??? Ahhh, never mind, get back to studying... :confused: :D :rolleyes:

yanlapanic
05-26-2010, 07:49 AM
I only wish I was as young as I feel.
I'm 41, but REFUSE to be anything over 21. If you tell yourself you're as old as you feel, I don't think we'd grow OLD quite as fast.
I think it's AWSOME that there's a teenager in here, trying to do something with a very challenging subject. The concepts are easy, but the details can be very confusing/hard. I wish I'd have had your gumption back when I was 17. If I'd have known then, what I know now, this world would be a Much better, Cleaner place to live. Not to mention, I'd be a MULTI-MILLIONARE... but, whom amongst us can't say that?
Hang in there Yan, Learn from others mistakes, impliment your ideas, don't get discouraged from failures,improve upon what you've learned, and maybe, you'll be the one that makes that HUGH Breakthrough that brings this field to light. We've all got our own personal agenda's for doing this, but, we're all in it for the same reason also. Improved fuel Economy/save money, make the planet a "GREENER" place to live.

I really like this project And I hope i'll continu my project for a couple of month .

It is not always fun to build the cell , mine take about 2 day's to make . It really long but i'm proud now .

Just wanted to put it in my car now but I want the production to be in the 1.x range and I want to put a lot of KOH to run the cell on cold weather , these are my next objective ! .

thank you very much for your support

( and sorry for my bad english) !

yanlapanic
05-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Hi guy , im back with another question

I want to buy a DIGITAL amp meter :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110536104767&_trksid=p2759.l1259

I think I understand a little bit how they work but I see that It drop the output voltage . My question is : it is good for monitoring my Amp draw ?
Thanks

H2OPWR
05-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Hi guy , im back with another question

I want to buy a DIGITAL amp meter :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110536104767&_trksid=p2759.l1259

I think I understand a little bit how they work but I see that It drop the output voltage . My question is : it is good for monitoring my Amp draw ?
Thanks

Those work decent if you are not using a PWM. I prefer a True RMS amp meter especially if you are using a PWM but they are alot more money. For in vehicle monitering one of those should work fine.

Larry

yanlapanic
05-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Those work decent if you are not using a PWM. I prefer a True RMS amp meter especially if you are using a PWM but they are alot more money. For in vehicle monitering one of those should work fine.

Larry

sound interesting , but I dont know if I could find a magnetical amp meter somewhere (only amp meter)

Its much more easy to install

yanlapanic
06-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Hello guy , I heard that we can use water from rain in our generator , is it true cause I got 3 gallon of this water this week

thanks

lhazleton
06-03-2010, 05:32 PM
It's probably not a good idea. Each rain droplet must form around a particle (dust, etc.), which you really don't want in your eactor.
A while back I know ZeroFossilFuel was trying to use the water runoff from an air contitioner, but I believe he abandoned the idea for similar reasons.

yanlapanic
06-04-2010, 12:26 PM
I don't really know where I could get '' distillated '' water here , in quebec.

I'll search in wal-mart when i'll go there

yanlapanic
06-04-2010, 07:08 PM
dust ? I dont think a little bit of dust is a problem ..

Imo , rain water is better than regular water

lhazleton
06-04-2010, 07:24 PM
True, but any impurities will hamper production. I'm sure you can get distilled water at any grocery store & it's very cheap. I pay about $1.30 per gallon here.

yanlapanic
06-05-2010, 04:08 PM
True, but any impurities will hamper production. I'm sure you can get distilled water at any grocery store & it's very cheap. I pay about $1.30 per gallon here.

Heeem that cheap , I pay 2$ for a gallon of demineralised water .

Huh huh FUC* GOVERNEMENT (15% tax also here)

lhazleton
06-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Don't use demineralized water. It must be distilled & there's a difference.

yanlapanic
06-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Don't use demineralized water. It must be distilled & there's a difference.

I dont really get what is the main différence .
can you tell me ? !

lhazleton
06-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Deminerized merely has the minerals removed, where distilled is more purified.

yanlapanic
06-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Deminerized merely has the minerals removed, where distilled is more purified.

cool, i just call some some distillated water from aquabeauce (i search internet)

lhazleton
06-08-2010, 06:59 PM
You should be able to get distilled water from any supermarket.