PDA

View Full Version : My newest setup(Has anyone else tried this or had these issues)

tconnelly
04-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Due to some failures with my system I was forced to go back to the drawing board on the side of I-40 today. Basically my car has a 8 plate wet cell that overheated and made my water level raise and spit water into my intake. I tried shutting it down and running on only gasoline but due to my method of leaning my fuel:air ratio out i was unable to do so. I have both a MAF Enhansor for fine tuning while going down the road and a performance chip in the truck programmed to decrease my fuel:air ratio. This chip can not be disabled or tuned without an expensive programmer(aka: laptop with an expensive cable and software).

So for the mechanics on here you know what happens now. My car first showed air sensor errors when my MAF was still on because the signal return was outside of the parameters and when i disabled it the ECU realized the vehicle was running lean(and had begun detonating in the cylinders) and overcompensated by dumping way to much fuel.

So i pulled over and grabbed my bag out of the back with all of my parts from older cells i had worked with. I had a set of mini 3/4inch diameter 5"long wet cells with stainless coil electrodes spaced at 1/16" intertwined and put it in between the cell and the bubbler and I was able to reduce the water making it from the cell to the bubbler by about 98% by splitting it into H2+O gases and completely stop it from sucking into my intake. The mini cell does not pull any current until water somehow makes it out of of the cell and into the inline cell.

BioFarmer93
04-20-2010, 07:35 AM
TConnelly-
Not to minimize the situation by any means, but honestly it sounds like just a plumbing problem- Did you make a drain-back? How about a couple photos so we can see what and where the hardware is? Are you talking actual electrolyte overflow or electrolyte foam? Do you have a steel engine or an aluminum engine. Where physically on the engine are you inducing the gas at? Photos-Photos-Photos... Unless you just needed to vent, and in that case, then.. Damn, man... Sorry to hear that.. You OK?:D

tconnelly
04-20-2010, 10:58 AM
i'll try to get some photos today but i have to head out to work here in a few minutes. I had to remove my bubbler this morning because my seals on the bottom broke and i am gonna try and get some supplies from lowes to make another bubbler.