PDA

View Full Version : adjustable voltage/amp?

Crawler374
04-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Hello HHO fellahs! MY name is Eric, and i've been getting into the HHO stuff since about a week ago.

I built a very rough and crude HHO system using 4 stainless angled plate, 1/8" gap, and no neutrals. Here is a video of my simple design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N8dU3ksUrg

So, from my understanding, the more Nuetral plates you add, the less voltage draw to the + and - plates, right?

How about amps? I had to use some battery cables to test out my HHO system because i cooked some 12awg wire. Any ideas on a dial or something to adjust he amps putting out?

Any ideas on adjusting voltage put out? I was thinking if i had a dial, i can see how much amps and voltage works best with my truck.

Also, about how long does your water reservoir last? I been playing around with mine and haven't seen a water drop at all.

My truck also has a 2 hose intake. Think i should build 2 HHO's or just use a Y harness for the hose to separate?

viper_1986_1986
04-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Using - + - + you will draw alot of amps and quick.
Best to use the N plates... to keep the volts down. HHO will be created with as little as 2 volts, i think it can even be lower.

Using a wet cell i think its best to use 4 N for every - +

Also that lighter, bad idea....

The ONLY time i will light HHO is if i put it into a balloon and i SEE how much HHO i got. Cause as you did, it can get ugly, fast... think had the boom gone back into the CELL, then your glass would have shattered all over you...

Drafty-01
04-15-2010, 07:26 PM
I'd have to back Koya's advice on this one. It pays to do a lot of reading (mostly but not all on this forum) to see what mistakes others have made - there's plenty of them. Wouldn't want a "Death by HHO generator" on this (or any other) forum.

Good luck & play safe,

Cheers,
Martin.:eek:

Crawler374
04-16-2010, 07:03 AM
Thanks guys. I honestly did not know it was going to do that...It was my first time doing it. I saw a video on metacafe of a kid doing it, and i guess my design pumped out ALOT more hho than i thought. I'm never doing that again....

Thanks for the info guys. I'm thinking about trying a circular design with SS washers instead of plates. Thanks!

viper_1986_1986
04-16-2010, 07:36 PM
It is good to learn what it can do.... i rather have a controlled BOOM and see the effects rather than an accident.

But look at some youtube videos, my personal favorite are...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8UovQFDRco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxZzeT2mmB0

My first and ONLY mistake was the day i had my first 5 plate wet cell and it was in a 3gal icecream bucket, plenty of room to work with, so i was lighting the LITTLE bubbles, pop, pop, pop. Then i had the bright idea to put soap into the water so the HHO would get trapped under the soap. 1/2 of the bucket was HHO bubbles and lit it, the bucket flew into 2 pieces and my ears rang for the next few hours.... im lucky no stainless steal plates flew out and cut me :)