PDA

View Full Version : Use EGR tube ??

Grasack
04-11-2010, 07:31 AM
I am not sure if this is possible but I was playing/ cleaning the Exhaust Gas Reticulation Valve the other day
My engine is a Mitsubishi turbo diesel 3200cc.
The EGR valve recirculates some of the exhaust gas back through the the inlet valve to reduce Nox gases
I noticed that most of the time the EGR was open by holding a finger on the diaphragm
My question is : could this area be used to inject HHo and /or water vapour into the motor there by passing the MAF sensor and in the case of turbo's not pushing water vapour with the possibility of damage to turbo blades by larger drops of water ??
I am not a mechanic but would like to know if it is feasable and would the suction be sufficient to do this ????

Grasack
04-14-2010, 06:32 AM
Thanks Koya
Presently running HHO through filter
However if I were to introduce water or steam vapour could I use the EGR tube to create vacuum in water container and suck vapour in ??

viper_1986_1986
04-15-2010, 04:03 PM
I attempted EGR valve, too much suction, less than PCV but still way to much.

Best to get the HHO in into the airintake AFTER the MAF/MAP sensor.
Even if it means drilling into it :{

Although now i have a new issue with doing that, the vacuum is TOO weak unless im up to 4000RPMs... but even with a very small vacuum at 1500RPMS i guess its doing its job....

Grasack
04-22-2010, 06:42 AM
Thanks Viper for info
Is this vacuum too great to use a water vapour system ??
If a small 1/4 tube was put into EGR tube would it not serve the purpose that the water injection guys are looking for
I am interested in using the EGR tube instead of pushing vapour through the turbo of the diesel engine
Would it not be safer in terms of turbo damage to induct after the turbo?? If small droplets then they would be vapourised in the chamber Small droplets have been known to damage turbo vanes