PDA

View Full Version : Best bubbler/res?

viper_1986_1986
03-27-2010, 01:45 AM
I took my old wet cell PVC and turned it into a bubbler/res.
Problem was it leaked HHO on the top side and i didn't want to glue it in place.

I heard of using a rad ressivor so i went to autozone and paid 8$ for one.
2 plugs on the bottom, 1 on top, and a filler cap!
One issue was plugs are 1/4" and i have everything set for 3/8". Simple fix, the plugs are 1/4" with "balls" on the top ready to be cut. I just drilled into the balls and my 3/8" made a nice seal :D

Well the filler cap kinda leaks HHO....
I put a walmart bag, my own gasket, and the cap on to act as a seal/blow off. But the darn thing STILL leaks out hho....

What is a good setup for a bubbler/res for my drycell?
From what i seen most people use PVC, but you guys glue them in or what? How you get them to seal so well.
To test the seal for mine i just ran it into a bucket of water and the HHO production was 1/3 of the TRUE production.....

lhazleton
03-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Viper,
Try using Marine 'Goop' on the threads of the cap. It will seal well and comes off cleanly when necessary. Using a bag will create more leaks.
Additionally, didn't it hurt like hell when you drilled into your balls?:eek:
Sorry, I just couldn't resist LOL.

HHOJeeper
03-28-2010, 10:42 PM
I use a rubbermade container from wally world cost me less than 5 dollars. Put some rtv sealant or some other under the lid though cause the container is microwave safe but not the lid. My bubbler is a water bottle from the trash can at walmart...

viper_1986_1986
04-09-2010, 01:28 AM
Viper,
Try using Marine 'Goop' on the threads of the cap. It will seal well and comes off cleanly when necessary. Using a bag will create more leaks.
Additionally, didn't it hurt like hell when you drilled into your balls?:eek:
Sorry, I just couldn't resist LOL.

It is very cheap, no threads....

I ended up getting it good seal with a self made gasket from PVC liner and a walmart bag with rubber bands.
I can't blow the gasket off with my breath no matter how hard to try.
So it is sealed up good..

Issue now is my hookup, i have a HUGE vacuum so i just don't even have the cap on at all or it crushes the plastic into a little mush.....
But i already created another post for that :)

And yes, it did hurt to drill my ball :D