PDA

View Full Version : question about plates design

waterbugs
03-22-2010, 06:45 AM
Ok, if I use 2 positive plates and 2 negative plates which total up to 4 ,would it produce more than 2 negative plates and 1 positive plate which total up to 3, or would it be the same and lets not include any neutral plates.

oicu812
03-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Several of the cell I've reversed engineered had that configuration with a greater number of plates. They will generate more heat then what you want to deal with. The ideal configuration is, no matter what dimension to you elect to go with is: +NNNNN-. Less bi-polar plate you have more heat.great post koya:) and thanks for using the term bi-polar! I hate when people call them neutral plates.

waterbugs
03-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks alot and I know about bipolar or neutral plates , but that was not my question. I want to know if two negative and two positive together would produce more than just one positive and two negative plate together or would they produce the same amount. I m asking about amount of production not about heat.

oicu812
03-22-2010, 02:28 PM
if you built a cell like that and ran it , you would see a tremendous amount of bubbles and think wow... what a great cell. what you wont realize right away is that its actually producing steam along with hho. you want to keep your voltage across each plate at about 2 volts to keep the heat down.
Go ahead and see for yourself, it wont cost you anything to experiment. Its easy to see how this works with a hho torch, with a steam hho mix the flame is not real hot and sputters. with a dry pure hho flame I can cut through steel like butter.

waterbugs
03-22-2010, 05:11 PM
I m asking if -nnnnn+nnnnn-nnnnn+ will produce more than -nnnnn+nnnnn-. That was the whole question at the beginning.

oicu812
03-22-2010, 07:12 PM
yes three 7 plate cells in parallel will produce more than two 7 plate cells in parallel. all thing being equal it will draw more amps also.

oicu812
03-22-2010, 10:33 PM
I agree, I too have used separate containers wired in parallel and they do produce better than one big cell. I'm convinced its do to heat dissapation.
high heat is thermal runaway. Trying to push too many watts through any cell and it becomes a steam machine. I guess it all boils down to a space issue. If you wanted to design the most efficient hho system it would be a $hit load of single cell 2 volt drycells all wired in parallel.
Its kinda hard to find a 2volt , 100 amp power supply and build something that would fit under the hood

waterbugs
03-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Hey guys thanks alot for the information. This is very nice of you guys to give out your time and information . I will make good use of it. Im pretty sure I will be on this post for a while because I still have many projects to go.