PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a good clamp meter?

Danger
02-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Where can I get an inexpensive and good (maybe an oxymoron, I know) digital clamp meter that has the capacity to measure up to at least 200A AC and 500V AC or more? I'm particularly interested in a vendor that offers reasonable shipping charges as well.

I'm not particularly fond of eBay, unless the seller has a really good reputation from other people and ships quick (not from mainland China or something).

linkintiger
02-20-2010, 04:54 PM
harbor freight tools

Owen_
02-21-2010, 05:12 PM
When i read the title i though "Harbor Freight" but i read more and you want a "good" one so don't go there.
Try ebay. I'd recommend finding a used one of a good brand. If it's a little beat up and the seller took a bad pic of it you'll get it for next to nothing. That's how i got my Fluk DMM (works great, even though it looks retro)

Danger
02-21-2010, 09:12 PM
http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=6108

Look in this thread, I post the same question and a member suggested the meter on the link. I am please with it, of course all I use it for it to read amps. I recommend it for the prize not the mention the free shipping.

Thanks for the links. Would you say that meter is accurate? How long did it take you to receive the meter? I'm located in the midwest.