PDA

View Full Version : dry cell problems

markamx
02-17-2010, 01:59 PM
ok here it is my current cell is 3 x 10 after the gaskets there is a total of 37 plates in the cell with
+nnnn-nnnn+ and so on the solution is 1tbs of lye per 2 liters of water 11volts 10 amps heat is very good and the production is allright but im not satified i want more but i have tried more lye which gave me alot of heat to the cell i would like to make the cell possiably smaller maybe 17 plates or 21 so i can have good production without the extra heat i work in a fab shop and have some 7x7 stainless plates cut that i might use for my next project but im thinking og going to a possiably samaller deseingn for the liminted space issue what i would like to know will less plates be more efficent and how do i deterimne how many plates i need including size these are the qestions i cant seem to find any answers too so im asking for you guys to help me out thanks also i dont want the extra heat i ordered some pottsium carbinate which will be my new electroltye

lhazleton
02-17-2010, 02:23 PM
First off, what is your configuration? When you PM'd me, you stated that it was set up as -NNNNN+NNNNN- and so on. Here, you're posting 4 bi-polar plates per stack instead of 5. Which is it? 4 bi-polar's makes a steam machine.
If you want something efficient, use 22 7x7 plates -NNNNNN+NNNNNN-NNNNNN-. This would be 21 cells in 3 stacks. With a 28%KOH E/lyte, it should draw 25 amps. at 13.8v.