PDA

View Full Version : Bought new EFIE and somethig isn't right!

rocky62
02-14-2010, 10:23 AM
I just bought a new EFIE from Marchlabs. It,s called a DEFIE,meaning dynamic efie. I put this thing in line and it showed one o2 sensor was putting out a good signal and the other has no signal. They have very poor instructions on website.I took it out of line and checked o2 sensors and both were putting out good signal. I'm only controling two o2 sensors and this thing has four pots. Is it a quad efie and if so which pots do I adjust? Any help appreciated!

richard_lyew
02-14-2010, 11:25 AM
i wonder how much EFIE people have to buy and how much ECU they have to damage or replace before they start looking into a AFC? :D

rocky62
02-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Ok Richard, It's ok to post a reply but we are here to learn. Could you please tell me the problem with EFIE's and the advantages of AFC.

richard_lyew
02-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Ok Richard, It's ok to post a reply but we are here to learn. Could you please tell me the problem with EFIE's and the advantages of AFC.

the thing with most EFIE i have seen is that if it just have a little current leakage it will be way way off or not work at all. the biggest difference with a EFIE and a AFC is that you can set multiple correction points with a AFC but a EFIE is set to a fixed position :( what if you have a low spot in your rev? then you cant correct it because you only have a fixed correction for all your RPM points with a EFIE but with a AFC you have multiple correction points plus with a AFC you can keep an eye on your vacuum and compare it to your RPM and throttle position to better understand and mix your hho and air to fuel. plus with a AFC you can use it to check your sensors :D to me a AFC is a must with HHO. with out a AFC you dont have proper control, you would just be porting HHO and hoping for the best, even with a EFIE you dont have proper control because its set at a fix position, the correction cant wave.

i think i might be the first person to use a AFC with HHO, i have done a search on youtube but everybody who use them just use them for fuel correction for performance not really to save on gasoline usage

fmg029
02-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Richard , what is the AFR ??..

Rocky ,
Please try this links and download the docs to understand the O2 sensors functionality... they are very interesting...

http://www.anadigelec.com/manuals.html
http://www.hydrogen-first-aid.com/index.html

BR

rocky62
02-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Thanks Richard! Good info but I'm to cheep. I looked at some AFC's on line and found them to be very expensive . fmg029 thanks for comment but the sights you gave me were informative but didn't answer my original question. But thanks to you both for trying to help. Maybe your info will help someone else.

richard_lyew
02-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Thanks Richard! Good info but I'm to cheep. I looked at some AFC's on line and found them to be very expensive . fmg029 thanks for comment but the sights you gave me were informative but didn't answer my original question. But thanks to you both for trying to help. Maybe your info will help someone else.

im sure you can find a AFC for us$100 or maybe a little less