PDA

View Full Version : wonder how long this would run

xclr82xtc
02-12-2010, 06:37 PM
forgive my crude drawing, but i saw somewhere online that it require 4.6 kj of energy to electrolosis 1 mole of H2O, but that the recombination of H and O in a fuel cell produced 4.8 kj of energy per mole. (not counting the heat produced that you could capture with a sterling.

if this is true (which i dont know if it is or not)

then technically wouldnt my device in the drawing run forever (after you kick-started it with a battery of course, and assuming you never run out of water)

and wouldn't it also produce excess Hydrogen to be used for something else?

richard_lyew
02-13-2010, 10:43 PM
forgive my crude drawing, but i saw somewhere online that it require 4.6 kj of energy to electrolosis 1 mole of H2O, but that the recombination of H and O in a fuel cell produced 4.8 kj of energy per mole. (not counting the heat produced that you could capture with a sterling.

if this is true (which i dont know if it is or not)

then technically wouldnt my device in the drawing run forever (after you kick-started it with a battery of course, and assuming you never run out of water)

and wouldn't it also produce excess Hydrogen to be used for something else?

i don't think over-unity is this simple

xclr82xtc
02-16-2010, 11:16 PM
i don't think over-unity is this simple

well me either...im trying to find the link again. but it was more to it, it had to do with temp of the atmosphere and a whole bunch of other stuff...but technically..this should run right? even if it doesnt make excess..?

just a question