PDA

View Full Version : O2 sensor opinions

Roland Jacques
02-09-2010, 06:36 PM
I'm replacing my front O2 sensors. I'm hoping that will allow my EFIE's work better.

My question is about the rear ones. Could old rear O2 sensors effect performance on these 2 vehicles. (no codes or lights) 2001 GMC 3500, and 1994 Nissan quest.

The GMC has 2 options on front O2 sensors. Over 8500 lbs and under 8500 LBS, does anyone know the differance? Does the under look for a leaner exhaust?

richard_lyew
02-09-2010, 07:27 PM
please look into using a AFC. you can google S-AFC with your car or truck and see which is best to use :D

Roland Jacques
02-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Yeah Rich, they seem like they could be a good idea, if they work on all vehicles. But from what I've read they don't. Also the harness hook up seems extreme and over my head. There is a guy locally i can ask about it. I'll do that.

But still, wont the S-AFC still need the O2 sensors to work there best?

Boltazar
02-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Rear O2 sensors just allow the computer to compare signals to keep an eye on the cat, to make sure it works correctly

richard_lyew
02-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Yeah Rich, they seem like they could be a good idea, if they work on all vehicles. But from what I've read they don't. Also the harness hook up seems extreme and over my head. There is a guy locally i can ask about it. I'll do that.

But still, wont the S-AFC still need the O2 sensors to work there best?

they work on almost all vehicle with a ECU and the wiring is not complicated, just do it right at the ECU where the wire harness is connected to the ECU, also a AFC is good because you can use it to check the sensors. :D

lhazleton
02-10-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm replacing my front O2 sensors. I'm hoping that will allow my EFIE's work better.

My question is about the rear ones. Could old rear O2 sensors effect performance on these 2 vehicles. (no codes or lights) 2001 GMC 3500, and 1994 Nissan quest.

The GMC has 2 options on front O2 sensors. Over 8500 lbs and under 8500 LBS, does anyone know the differance? Does the under look for a leaner exhaust?

Roland,
I believe that both of these vehicles use the pre-cat O2 sensors for ECM readings, but you should definitely find out for sure. Some newer models will use post-cat also.