PDA

View Full Version : got the cell what's next

linkintiger
02-09-2010, 01:03 AM
ok i build the dry cell what is next? now i pretty sure you guys don't connect your cell straight to the car battery what should i put on negative or positive cable?

cabrera
02-09-2010, 12:19 PM
ok i build the dry cell what is next? now i pretty sure you guys don't connect your cell straight to the car battery what should i put on negative or positive cable?

That depends, what year car are you planning to put this on?

Boltazar
02-09-2010, 10:11 PM

I think you should stop tinkering and read, read, read. All posts, other web sites, other forums. Please.

richard_lyew
02-09-2010, 11:18 PM
a AFC next :D

linkintiger
02-10-2010, 11:50 AM
boltazar>>>> if all people will have the same knowledge about building hho generator i wil not have ask so many question but everyobody have different ideas different setups.

cabrera>>>>>> it's 2006 3.2 acura tl and after that if everything is gona work well my friend's 2005 cayenne s

richard>>>> forum search engine couldn't find what is AFC?

lhazleton
02-10-2010, 12:37 PM
An 'AFC' is any device, or group of devices, that will alter the air/fuel ratio of an ICE.
MAF/MAP enhancers: Allow you to adjust the amount of incoming air the ECM reads. This will make the ECM think there is less of a load & will therefore decrease the time the injectors are on. O2 EFIE's: For a narrow band sensor, this will add MV's to the signal wire, causing the ECM to think the ICE is running rich, thereby leaning out the mixture. For wide band sensors, resistors are commonly used as these are not read as voltage. There are numerous other things that people use also: Resistors across leads on IAT and ECT sonsors are common.

cabrera
02-10-2010, 12:42 PM
You will need:

Minimum

Fuse or circuit breaker
Relay or solenoid
A pulse width modulator (PWM) this will control the Cells amp draw
A dual Electronic Fuel Injector Enhancer (EFEI)
A bubbler
A reservoir
Potassium hydroxide (KOH)
Hoses

Optional
Depending on how this produces you may need
02 extenders (it's a crap shoot depends on the vehicle)
reprogramming of your ECU there are various tuning equipment out there, depending on you budget. The more you go the more sophisticated it will get. It all depends on you budget.

Helz posted these links on AFC's (Air Fuel Controllers) awhile back, you may want to read up on these. These units will cost around $350 and up.

http://www.jazzproparts.com/product_p/401-a917.htm
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php...light=afc+hack

linkintiger
02-10-2010, 09:30 PM
thank you all for the info

cabrera
02-10-2010, 10:22 PM
thank you all for the info

We all start somewhere, we're here to help!
The best advice I can give is test, document, and share your results here. Ask questions, read threads. It's trial & error.

One thing more you need is a flashback protector in the hose between the bubbler & the engine. (just in case)

If you need a design LMK

linkintiger
02-10-2010, 11:14 PM
ok thx i make one from 1/2 inch pvc pipe

Marlon
02-11-2010, 03:21 AM
I know all this can sound very complex and there is many different options and opinions on what is needed. Here is my 2 cents.

Necessary:
1/2 lpm HHO per liter of engine displacement input to the air filter
EFIE
Inline fuse from the battery to a relay switched by the ignition
Bubbler
one way check valve

Optional:
PWM
Flash arrestor (not steel wool or bronze wool)
If EFIE gives you check engine light use O2 sensor extender
Map/Maf sensor modification
Intake air temperature sensor modification
Coolant temperature sensor modification
Interior Amp draw display
Interior water level indicator light

tips:
make sure you don't have any leaks
try and put the HHO generator somewhere near the front of the vehicle away from the engine where it can be air cooled
Use Sodium Hydroxide as electrolyte(1/2 to 2 tsp/g for wet cells, 2-4 tsp/g for dry cells)
Start testing with EFIE set to 250 mv and go up in increments of 12mv

Stick with it and don't stop until you get at least 20% better gas mileage

Good luck!

lhazleton
02-11-2010, 03:43 PM
C'mon Andy!! If he uses a flashback arrestor, how's he gonna have the enjoyment of blowing it up like the rest of us have?

cabrera
02-11-2010, 04:12 PM
C'mon Andy!! If he uses a flashback arrestor, how's he gonna have the enjoyment of blowing it up like the rest of us have?

Loads of fun Lee! <lol>:D

Let me save him the cleanup trouble.

check this out all the fun none of the mess!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gfk8jXVUF34&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gfk8jXVUF34&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

lhazleton
02-11-2010, 04:58 PM
I remember that one. LMFAO every time I watch it!
Wish I had a video of when I blew my intake manifold to pieces:D

rcflyn
02-12-2010, 08:15 AM
wish i had a video of when i blew my intake manifold to pieces:d

don't we all!!!!!!!!!

Roland Jacques
02-12-2010, 08:55 AM
battery to a relay switched by the ignition

YES, the most import part! NESSASARY!!!
I would recommend hooked up to oil pressure sensor over ignition. Someone, someday, may turn your ignition on (without the engine running) to listen to the radio or something. That could be bad. Oil pressure only works when the engine is actually running.

linkintiger
02-12-2010, 01:03 PM
ok thx lol