PDA

View Full Version : Lowering voltage to reduce heat?

TreyNC
07-28-2008, 08:54 AM
So could one draw off of a five volt source from the car or reduce voltage prior to the generator to reduce heat output of the extra voltage? I am trying to decide if I should use a larger generator or two smaller ones to split voltage, however water volume will be half in the smaller ones. Any comments?

bobcampbell
07-28-2008, 09:44 AM
So could one draw off of a five volt source from the car or reduce voltage prior to the generator to reduce heat output of the extra voltage? I am trying to decide if I should use a larger generator or two smaller ones to split voltage, however water volume will be half in the smaller ones. Any comments?

Not knowing what your current generator is like makes it a bit difficult to diagnose, but I think I would try less electrolyte to bring the temp down. 5v or generators in series are going to reduce HHO output.

Bob Campbell

TreyNC
07-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Thanks Bob, I don't have a generator yet. I am trying to decide how big, what kind of surface area and so fourth to start with. I am currently assisting a co-worker with a generator in his vehicle, and am anxious to start my own. I have an unlimited supply of ss plate and access to cnc punches so no drilling to do. I guess this is why I want to start bigger, just because I can.