PDA

View Full Version : Hho vs hydrogen alone

tpettit
02-07-2010, 04:44 PM
In the process of building a our hydrogen gas injector to separate hydrogen and oxygen by means of low voltage DC electrolysis, I have learned how to use different materials to achieve a wide array of results. Understanding the modern electronic fuel injection system that is used by all auto manufacturers is key to developing a system that works with the factory system without adding electronics. The factory systems are designed to work in a very narrow band of voltages produced from various engine components. When these voltages are manipulated, the engines ecm records these values in a volatile memory chip, and adjusts the proper device for that voltage. If this voltage is not constantly managed, a error code will arise and the fuel management system will go into a safe mode. Adding hydrogen/oxygen mixes to gas engines is at best tenuous and tricky. A lot of research on the proper ways to introduce this mixture of gases to engines has been compiled in the past, one of them was done by NASA (NASA TN D-8487) and some great ideas of proper induction have been explored. A system that adapts to the engines system,and that does not alter the oem settings is by far the best route. These hydrogen/ oxygen producing devices though well intended and they may seem to produce good results, eventually will hamper the system. Devices that separate hydrogen/oxygen prior to introduction to the engine are harder to make and require a different understanding then the standard HHO device. They are not as productive and may require more materials and more experimenting but the results far outweigh the extra devotion needed to achieve these results. For three years I have been pushing and pulling many devices to effectively do this, and to date I have been able to gain a 15% improvement in mileage and a better running, lower emissions engine. The next goal is to acquire a better more efficient electrolyte that can handle heat better and have acceptable gas production at a lower amperage and voltage. Internal gas generating cell structure and the materials they are made from, are dependent on cost and availability of those materials and the overall ability of the designer.
One must be willing to push the envelope of current understanding and developed fades to propel the process of invention forward.