PDA

View Full Version : my first HHO HELP..

linkintiger
02-06-2010, 09:15 PM
I make my first HHO wet cell i bought it 7 solid outlet front plates?( stainless steel) 60c each Home Depot i connected -n+n-n+ and i put it inside the plastic jar with plastic lid.I tested:

#1 test only water 1LPM in 1 min 15 s

#2 test alkaline 11ph water 1LPM in 50 s

#3 test water with 1Tbs baking soda 1LPM in46 s

#4 test alkaline water 11ph+ 1Tbs baking soda 1LPM in 32 s

Between plates i put 1/16 thick plastic washers about 3/4 diameter 84c per bag.(bag has 4 washers) total cost:plates,peanut butter jar, rubber 6f vacuum line,washers,screws and nuts $21.65

I connected my HHO gen. to the car battery engine running but i notice that when i connected my HHO gen ,the rpm of the engine drop down why?

After 10 minutes running on the power straight from the car battery (engine running) my NEGATIVE stainless steel screw ( the one that goes thru the lid) melted my lid but the positive didn't why?

How thick should be the cable running from the stainless steel plates to the top screw? because i use copper speaker cable 16/2 and my screws are 1/4 thick which are 3 times thicker then speaker cable( i mean copper core with out the silicone cover).

lhazleton
02-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Wet cell reactors will use a lot of amperage due to inefficiency. The neg. will always run hot with this type of setup. -n+n-n+ is a steam machine. If you changed it to
-nnnnn+, you might get some actual production. You'll also need to use 8ga.AWG wire for plate connections and power & get rid of the SS bolts. Stainless acts as a resistor, so using it inhibits electrical flow. Any copper exposed will dissolve very quickly.
If you have an amp meter, use it. The rpm dropped due to excessive amperage being drawn.

linkintiger
02-07-2010, 09:42 PM
thank you so what should i use instead on SS bolts?

lhazleton
02-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Just plain old steel.

linkintiger
02-08-2010, 10:11 PM
but i thought that they will get rusted after a while

lhazleton
02-10-2010, 05:30 PM
If you're worried about rust, use brass. Be sure that there is no copper exposed to your electrolyte. Any exposed connections within the cell should be coated with plastic 'tool dip' or equivelant.