PDA

View Full Version : Looking for collaborator to drive hydroxy generator

02-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Hello everyone,

I am posting this all all boards and forums, so pass it on to people who you think might be interested.

I have been on most of these groups for a couple of years. My goal is to run a small motorcycle on water.

I have been working on a hydroxy generator and had some success.

We are currently finishing waste spark and carburetor modifications. Our bike should be ready for bench testing in a couple of weeks.

So far, we have been working strictly with brute force, so that we could establish some baseline requirements.

Now we have reached the point, where we need to start driving down power requirements for the hydroxy generator. Our projected requirement is going to be in the 800 watt range. Even with a modified alternator system, this is going to be much too high.

I have been watching PWM technology for a while and I know one thing. I am not proficient enough to design and tune one of these systems for my hydroxy generator.

Per a recommendation by a couple of very knowledgeable experimenters (I am not going to drop names, but you know who they are) I am constructing a non circulating 7 cell series design.

I now need a drive circuit, which means I need someone who can work with me to design build and tune that circuit.

If anyone is interested in getting involved with this very real project, please contact me at my email:

poberman66@gmail.com

Thanks everyone, looking forward to talking to you.

Paul

02-07-2010, 12:29 AM
bumpity bump bump

Philldpapill
02-07-2010, 01:10 AM
What exactly are your requirements for the PWM? Does it need to be a complete control system, i.e. regulating the amount of HHO produced based on some external parameter(like a throttle position)?

If your specs are more complicated than the typical eBay PWM(knob control vs. software control), my Hulk PWM controller might do it. The hardware can handle large currents(more than you'll probably need for this application) on the order of up to 100A continuous and runs cool. You can use it to record various things for further testing on your bike.

As for the collaboration part... this is the cool part. I can write custom software for the bike that will do whatever you want it to. The hardware part is easy, but it sounds like you want to make a special purpose PWM of some kind. Correct?

Post some more specs of what you need, and let's get it rolling!(har-har-har pun intended)

02-07-2010, 11:56 AM
What exactly are your requirements for the PWM? Does it need to be a complete control system, i.e. regulating the amount of HHO produced based on some external parameter(like a throttle position)?

If your specs are more complicated than the typical eBay PWM(knob control vs. software control), my Hulk PWM controller might do it. The hardware can handle large currents(more than you'll probably need for this application) on the order of up to 100A continuous and runs cool. You can use it to record various things for further testing on your bike.

As for the collaboration part... this is the cool part. I can write custom software for the bike that will do whatever you want it to. The hardware part is easy, but it sounds like you want to make a special purpose PWM of some kind. Correct?

Post some more specs of what you need, and let's get it rolling!(har-har-har pun intended)

Hey Philldpapill,

We are using a 7 cell, non-circulating, series generator. The format is 9" x 12" plates. The plates are nickel 200, with a nano coating on the cathode.

The cell should run at about 14 v / 54 a, for a total of 756 watts. I posted 800 watts for slop.

We are driving a 100cc hemi head 4-stroke. Waste spark removed and LP carburetor.

As far as charging system and the rest, still working on that.

We don't want to have the cell control unit connected to the throttle.

We are going to design a master system computer, that will gather data from several sources (throttle / pressure / power level in batteries). We hope that the system will then control the drive circuit for the cell.

It sounds like your Hulk will handle the power. We should talk on the phone.

02-10-2010, 05:06 PM
We just plugged the small cell back in and did some follow up tests with temp readings.

We also ran the gas through a 1 micron filter, to make sure it was dry.

Anyway, it is interesting, because you can't seem to overheat it, or maybe it takes a lot longer.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dNRo0WqzC6U&rel=0&color1=0x0&color2=0xff00&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dNRo0WqzC6U&rel=0&color1=0x0&color2=0xff00&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

02-10-2010, 07:45 PM
quantum sphere, in santa ana ca.

02-14-2010, 02:23 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xtmUHoCclqY&rel=0&color1=0x0&color2=0xff00&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xtmUHoCclqY&rel=0&color1=0x0&color2=0xff00&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>