PDA

View Full Version : HHO really works or just a scam ?

nadeem5476
07-28-2008, 01:58 AM
hi all
i am also into the HHO making n experimenting but i m not getting the noticeable differences in MPG !
as far as i have browsed thousands of sites regarding this and have bought many kits n gadgets but the difference was not so significant just 2 miles or so per gallon.
many websites are also claiming that running solely or having noticeable difference thru HHO is impossible like in this way !
think upon this that if that was possible thn why not the big companies are coming in to this business world wide ?
we should change the idea i think.
nice day
Nadeem Ahmed

HYDROTEKPRO
07-28-2008, 04:17 AM
Just imagine how much cleaner the air will be in the next 10 years! And the ozone layer in the upper apmosphere may even stop disintegrating as a result of people like us here on this website!! So who's side are you on?

Farmercal
07-28-2008, 07:28 AM
Let's do the math. Your getting 2 miles more per gallon than you used to get, right? If you have a 15 gallon tank, that is 2 mile per gallon times fifteen gallons equals and an extra 30 miles per tank of gas.

Now, if you only get 10 miles per gallon in mileage (I figured you must get more but for the sake of argument we will use 10), 30 extra miles divided by 10 MPG equals 3 gallons of gas or $12.00 savings per tank.

Sounds like it is working to me. You just need to read more good forums (like this one) and find out what you are not doing that you should be doing to get that MPG savings up to where you want to be. Plenty of folks have been doing the HHO thing for quite some time with great success. I don't see why you can't duplicate what they have done.

greuvin
07-28-2008, 09:55 AM
Great success? Can you please describe? I tried the W4Gas thing every different way possible ( o2 extender, series connection, parallel connection. lye, baking soda, vinegar, 2 amps, 20 amps, etc, etc). I did a 2 full tank plus long range mileage test once I got it dialed in at 15 amps and came up 3mpg short WITH the HHO. Seriously, if anyone can PLEASE tell me how to get these successful results, I'm all ears. Mr. Smith is doing a comprehensive test. I've been following with great interest since my set-up basically failed to produce (positive) results. I still think this can work, however I'm not sure how to proceed.

timetowinarace
07-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Is it a scam? Depends on your definition of scam. If you were led to believe that building a simple booster and mounting it in any vehicle would greatly increase fuel mileage then you could probably consider it a scam. HHO to increase fuel mileage does work, however, there are many variabilities in vehicles and booster design that make it impossible for a 'one size fits all' application most people are led to believe exsists. For the over-optimistic, many have had success with thier boosters, more have not. I don't believe the 'BIG OIL' has stopped large manufacturers from using this age old technology. HHO boosters are a high maintanance item and at past fuel prices most people would not want the extra burden they would impose. The first Hybrid cars had few interested buyers simply because of reliability and cost issues. The majority of the world still likes to use the tried and true method of simple IC engines.

For the majority of people HHO boosters will be seen as a fad. I think the few who continue to use HHO will be 'hobbyists'. Simply because of the maintanance issues.

That is just my opinion.

Smith03Jetta
07-28-2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks, I am doing a comprehensive test. At least as comprehensive as I can with my Limited Intelligence. I'm not as smart as some spouting "BS" around here. I have not yet made a determination if using HHO is good or not good. I'm still attempting to tune my Car's ECU to accept the extra Oxygen. I think I'm on the right path but we'll see.

BoyntonStu
07-28-2008, 01:15 PM
The water fuel cell is a device invented by American Stanley Allen Meyer, which he claimed could convert water into its component elements, hydrogen and oxygen, using less energy than can be obtained by the subsequent combustion of those elements, a process that results the reconstitution of the water molecules. Thus, if the device operated as claimed, the combustion cycle would start and end in the same state while extracting usable energy, thereby violating both the first and second laws of thermodynamics,[1] allowing operation as a perpetual motion machine. Meyer's claims about his "Water Fuel Cell" and the car that it powered were found to be fraudulent by an Ohio court in 1996.[2]

Having said that, there is reason to believe that an adequate supply of Hydroxy will help an ICE run more efficiently.

The question really then is how much, and how to best utilize it by making efie, timing, and O2 mods?

BoyntonStu

Boycotting Stupidity

RMForbes
07-28-2008, 01:26 PM
If you paid for the Water4Gas e-book and/or bought any of their other products or services, yes you have been scammed. Not because hydrogen injection systems don't work but because thier design is poor (even dangerous) and you could have recieved much better designs and information on sites like this one for free.

Stratous
07-28-2008, 01:38 PM
The water fuel cell is a device invented by American Stanley Allen Meyer, which he claimed could convert water into its component elements, hydrogen and oxygen, using less energy than can be obtained by the subsequent combustion of those elements, a process that results the reconstitution of the water molecules. Thus, if the device operated as claimed, the combustion cycle would start and end in the same state while extracting usable energy, thereby violating both the first and second laws of thermodynamics,[1] allowing operation as a perpetual motion machine. Meyer's claims about his "Water Fuel Cell" and the car that it powered were found to be fraudulent by an Ohio court in 1996.[2]

Having said that, there is reason to believe that an adequate supply of Hydroxy will help an ICE run more efficiently.

The question really then is how much, and how to best utilize it by making efie, timing, and O2 mods?

BoyntonStu

Boycotting Stupidity

This is a difficult thing to pin down as each persons driving habits are different, most vehicles are not the same, what works for one may not work for another. Think about what your asking. At sea level an engine requires a different AFR to operate than it does at 2500 Feet above sea level. The same will apply to hydroxy injection. There is no one answer.

computerclinic
07-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Nadeem,
I think that your results could be improved if you look into your vehicle mods. It sounds to me that you have been doing your homework regarding HHO, and the different generators associated with experiments as well as practical application.

By overlooking the vehicle it is being used on, you very well could be wasting time and money. Things such as o2 sensors, the cars computer and all of its functions, and a whole bunch of other really techy stuff I am not even sure I completely understand as the common lay person.

An ASE certified tech could probably provide you with the info you will need to fit the rest of the pieces of the puzzle together in order to get better results. If you really have done all your research related to HHO production, and assuming that you have built a generator with a decent production rate, then you should be almost there.

Talk to the mechanics about the computer and various sensors your vehicle is equiped with. Bench testing will prove the FACT that Browns Gas is easy and relatively safe to generate on demand. If you build a generator that is safe and even remotely efficient - not the water4gas kits - then I would definately have to say look at your vehicle and consider some modifications where necessary.

mario brito
07-28-2008, 04:23 PM
hi all

as far as i have browsed thousands of sites regarding this and have bought many kits n gadgets but the difference was not so significant just 2 miles or so per gallon.

Nadeem Ahmed

i believe that regarding the "thousands of sites" statement, it was a figure of speech and not a real actual number, so lets not go that way :)

what i find funny is the fact that everyone that says that HHO doesn't work on their cars, always give the 2% increase ratio... not 1%, not 3%, not 4%... it's always 2% ! so, i believe it's very important to know what car, what engine, what fuel this guys have/use, because the way i see it there's only 4 possible answers :

1 : they are not telling the truth.
2 : they did not installed/used their HHO unit correctly.
3 : their engine's cpu is very "smart" and compensates all the HHO improvements.
4 : their engines are very efficient and there's almost nothing to improve.

every engine and every driver is different... HHO not giving any MPG gain on some cars, has to be considered a real possibility. but just because i can't run 100m in less than 10s, doesn't mean that professional runners are a scam ! :)

thanks

Smith03Jetta
07-28-2008, 05:02 PM
hi all
... but the difference was not so significant just 2 miles or so per gallon.

Let's see how significant this is... 2 miles per gallon on my car calculates the following numbers. On my Jetta 2.0 liter engine it would be an 8.333 % increase in gas mileage.

How would that 2 mpg increase translate into dollars in my pocket each year?

This information comes straight from www.fueleconomy.gov.

Based on 45% highway, 55% city driving, 15000 annual miles and a fuel price of $ 3.75 per gallon (Adjusted for local gas price from $4.11 national) I can expect to normally spend $2345.80 on gas each year for my Jetta. The national average is $2571.00.

Let's say I add 2 miles per gallon of fuel efficiency. That amounts to a savings of $195.47 a year.

Let's make this realistic. I drive 20,000 miles a year instead of the natl average of 15,000. My adjusted savings would then be $260.00 a year in gas savings.

Ok, let's say I get lots better than 8.333% increase in gas mileage (2 mpg increase).

My latest reported MPG increase as of today was 26%. If I can maintain that with no other improvements, I can expect to save $813.20 on my fuel bill over the next 12 months. I plan to need to replace my Stainless Steel Plates every 18 months so you can subtract the cost of materials from my annual savings.

Over a 4 year period I would have spent $150.00 (Initial build) + $90 on steel plates and other materials. That adds up to a savings of nearly $3100.00 for a 4 year period.

Is this a SCAM? It is only a scam if somebody else is getting disproportionally rich off it and I'm not getting any benefit from it. I would say that there are some scammers out there, I would go so far as to say there are A LOT of scammers out there. That's why I chose to build my own and find out for myself. I haven't put 1 dime in the pockets of anybody on this forum or any Water4gas (Or Similar) site. Nobody has scammed me so far and never will.

liberybell
07-28-2008, 07:14 PM
I drive a diesel hog.
My Diesel 4X4 Suburban does in a good day 15 MPG. As of today and just after 200 miles test, I am getting 19 MPG. A 26% increase.
I am not done with my testing and that figure may go up or down. But even if I don't get any MPG increase I have already notice an enhancement on performance of my engine and a smoother sound of the engine. The torque is higher and the engine is running cooler. So HHO must be helping in one way or another.

To make HHO work you have to be patient and attentive, and most of all willing to test.
As other people has pointed out in this site, there are two kinds of people looking at this HHO technology: opportunists: those that are lazy and cheap and are just trying to save a penny, and hobbyists/innovators: those that are really looking to learn something and at the same time save on fuel and spare the air.
By the way, (for those that may not know) similar technology to HHO have been used since fossil fuel was first used in a combustion engine. We just don't know about it.

The only thing I can suggest to those skeptics is read, read and read. No just from this site but from any source that may offer you an objective view. Do not content yourself with one answer (or two like our democratic system in the USA today: is either the republican view or the democrat view; conspirator will tell you that is only one view but I digress...) Perseverance and patience are virtues.

We are not here to prove anybody wrong or right. It seems to me that we are here to help each other by sharing information that otherwise would be hidden from us or used for the greedy benefit of some corporation.
Why do you think the energy industry is pushing so hard for fuel cell engines? They want to make sure that our dependency on fuel continues on. Substituting the dependency we have on fossil fuel for a dependency on production of hydrogen. That's why they are also trying to silence all this alternative technologies (read about the 2 billion dollars offered to the inventor of the water spark plug.) Unfortunately for them DaVinci's prediction "Water is the fuel of the future" is going to be a reality in the next 5 years. And with the collapse of the oil companies a new era of capitalism (less evil and more humane) is in process...

cougar gt-e
07-28-2008, 07:54 PM
I drive a diesel hog.
My Diesel 4X4 Suburban does in a good day 15 MPG. As of today and just after 200 miles test, I am getting 19 MPG. A 26% increase.
I am not done with my testing and that figure may go up or down. But even if I don't get any MPG increase I have already notice an enhancement on performance of my engine and a smoother sound of the engine. The torque is higher and the engine is running cooler. So HHO must be helping in one way or another.

To make HHO work you have to be patient and attentive, and most of all willing to test.
As other people has pointed out in this site, there are two kinds of people looking at this HHO technology: opportunists: those that are lazy and cheap and are just trying to save a penny, and hobbyists/innovators: those that are really looking to learn something and at the same time save on fuel and spare the air.
By the way, (for those that may not know) similar technology to HHO have been used since fossil fuel was first used in a combustion engine. We just don't know about it.

Hey, I'm a hobbyist/innovator and also short on bucks and NEED to save at the pump, what category does that put me in?

OK, just being a wanker for a second.;) It puts me into the same category as 99.9% of the people that want to take a risk and try to snatch a buck away from the oil shieks.

stickittoopec
07-28-2008, 08:30 PM
The only thing I can suggest to those skeptics is read, read and read. No just from this site but from any source that may offer you an objective view. Do not content yourself with one answer (or two like our democratic system in the USA today: is either the republican view or the democrat view; conspirator will tell you that is only one view but I digress...) Perseverance and patience are virtues.

Here is a great source for information. There is quite a bit of information on hydrogen. A lot of out of print books that have been republished and are being sold on the net, are free here.
http://www.archive.org/index.php

Hey, I'm a hobbyist/innovator and also short on bucks and NEED to save at the pump, what category does that put me in?

OK, just being a wanker for a second. It puts me into the same category as 99.9% of the people that want to take a risk and try to snatch a buck away from the oil shieks.

That's how I got my username Stick it to OPEC.

justaguy
07-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Its only a scam if someone is selling something that doesn't work. Most people on this forum are building their own generators for their own benefit, how would that be a scam? The hardware store didn't tell me I need to buy parts and build a hydrogen cell, lol.

snapper1d
07-28-2008, 10:39 PM
I started with the water4gas unit.I purchased one on ebay.I got scammed!!! That guy never shipped/I did get my money back from paypal though.I did come out alright so I just searched around and found how to make them myself.Well after fitting 4 units on my truck I found they really did work.One day I pulled a plug to see what it looked like.WOW!!! I was amazed.That plug was white as snow and clean as could be.Well I started searching for more info and I found this forum here.I made up plates and different designs and found I could make lots of hho.When I take off and get up to speed and then start letting off the gas I let way off and my truck keeps up the speed and the engine gets really quiet ran runs smooth as silk something has to be good there!!! Under the hood of my 73 ford F-100 is a big block gas hog 360 cid engine.There is still the 4 water4gas units I built plus 3 other gallon sized units with 8 plates each that are turning out lots of hho.I found out the other day just how good they were working.I have a toggle switch inside the cab that is connected to a continious on/off soleniod that I can turn the whole thing on or off with.I turned it off for a couple miles and I was running 45mph thru a construction zone and it was like I had to keep my foot on the gas just to keep it up to speed.Man this hho is some damn good stuff!!! I know for sure it is not a scam.I think if I didnt even get any extra mpg I would still run it because of how good it makes my truck run.

BoyntonStu
07-28-2008, 11:06 PM
How much Hydroxy gas are you using?

Current?

Any electronic mods?

BoyntonStu

Stratous
07-29-2008, 08:29 AM
I started with the water4gas unit.I purchased one on ebay.I got scammed!!! That guy never shipped/I did get my money back from paypal though.I did come out alright so I just searched around and found how to make them myself.Well after fitting 4 units on my truck I found they really did work.One day I pulled a plug to see what it looked like.WOW!!! I was amazed.That plug was white as snow and clean as could be.Well I started searching for more info and I found this forum here.I made up plates and different designs and found I could make lots of hho.When I take off and get up to speed and then start letting off the gas I let way off and my truck keeps up the speed and the engine gets really quiet ran runs smooth as silk something has to be good there!!! Under the hood of my 73 ford F-100 is a big block gas hog 360 cid engine.There is still the 4 water4gas units I built plus 3 other gallon sized units with 8 plates each that are turning out lots of hho.I found out the other day just how good they were working.I have a toggle switch inside the cab that is connected to a continious on/off soleniod that I can turn the whole thing on or off with.I turned it off for a couple miles and I was running 45mph thru a construction zone and it was like I had to keep my foot on the gas just to keep it up to speed.Man this hho is some damn good stuff!!! I know for sure it is not a scam.I think if I didnt even get any extra mpg I would still run it because of how good it makes my truck run.

I am going to move this post to the testimonials thread