PDA

View Full Version : Building a 10kw Generator RUNS ON HHO

Saleem145
01-12-2010, 09:35 PM
I like to make a 10kw generator for house hold power supply, which should run wholey on HHO. I selected a Generator Head of 10kw which need 20 HP 3600 Rpm engine.

An engine from from BRiggs and Stratton can drive this Head. What I want to find out is that how much LPM i need to run this engine of 656 CC ??

I will appreciate help.

"A CANDLE LOSES NOTHING TO LIGHT ANOTHER CANDLE":)

Casiovega
05-31-2010, 09:35 AM
I'd like to speak with this gentlemen as this is basically what i'm trying to do and i'd like to pick his brain to find out what exactly his obsticals were and maybe I can fry my noodle trying to figure out ways around these issues he had. If you don't mind Divulging the secret there Koya ;D

plasma
05-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Just to let you know, you will lose a lot of energy if you generate hho to power a generator. I presume this is what you are trying to do.

You would probably lose about 70% of your original input energy, as electrolysers and generators both waste a lot of their energy as heat. You can't get extra energy from nothing. So to create 10kw of electricity you will need about 30kw to begin with. You could use the wasted energy to heat your house.

As a *very* rough estimate you probably will need about 200+ lpm!

DenisDodds
04-14-2011, 04:58 PM
To run an engine on HHO you need to go in to the timing and set it to .5 deg. after top dead center. The HHO pops much faster then gas. You need to modify the cab. to run on propane and restrict the air flow. As the engine will generate a lot of heat you can use it to heat your house.

So I am putting together a small unit using a 6hp B&S direct drive to a 140 amp 12v truck alternator and running at 2500 rpms.

it will need about 12 to 16 lpm of HHO.

On demand start by low voltage and by thermostat.

Denis