PDA

View Full Version : MAF MAP Enhancers

rossi46
12-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Hi,

I have been looking at MAF/MAP Enhancers and they all appear to require constant manual adjustment. Does anybody know if theres is a digital device that automatically adjusts itself depending on the driving conditions once it has been set up?

Thanks

Jay

rossi46
12-17-2009, 04:08 AM
The VOLO chip claims that. I installed one on the Tow Car I've been experimenting with, the mileage went down. I installed it on my 2009 F-150 didn't notice much gain from it.

Hi Koya,

I did come across the VOLO chip and was thinking of giving it a go but I have read mixed reports on it to be honest. I may still give one a try.
I am finding the hydrogen systems a real steep learning curve.

Jay

cabrera
12-17-2009, 06:35 AM
Hi Koya,

I did come across the VOLO chip and was thinking of giving it a go but I have read mixed reports on it to be honest. I may still give one a try.
I am finding the hydrogen systems a real steep learning curve.

Jay

Jay,

Here's a thread on the Volo to help you decide.

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=5938

Roland Jacques
12-17-2009, 07:36 AM
Hi,

I have been looking at MAF/MAP Enhancers and they all appear to require constant manual adjustment. Does anybody know if theres is a digital device that automatically adjusts itself depending on the driving conditions once it has been set up?

Thanks

Jay

Why do you think they need constant adjustment? Most folks do not keep adjusting them, that i know of.

rossi46
12-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Why do you think they need constant adjustment? Most folks do not keep adjusting them, that i know of.

Hi Roland,

You will have to forgive me as I am quite new to the concept of hydrogen. Basically just from what I have read. on the internet. They mainly seem to have 2 dials for city and highway. I get that you can set those, but you need to keep switching from city to highway. The only other I have seen is on ebay and has just one dial and the guy says that it needs constant adjustment.
Is this correct?

Thanks

Jay

rossi46
12-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Jay,

Here's a thread on the Volo to help you decide.

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=5938

Thanks Cabera the tread doesn't sound too positive for the Volo chip.

Jay

cabrera
12-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Thanks Cabera the tread doesn't sound too positive for the Volo chip.

Jay

Not at all. It discouraged me. Have you considered a dual EFIE in lieu of the MAF Enhancer?
Something like this:
http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=184

rossi46
12-18-2009, 03:12 AM
I can't use an Efie because with my car being a diesel it doesn't have an oxygen sensor. Something is causing it to run rich. That's why I started to look into MAF enhancers.
Just a shame about the mixed reviews on the VOLO chip.

Jay

Roland Jacques
12-18-2009, 07:38 AM
Hi Roland,

You will have to forgive me as I am quite new to the concept of hydrogen. Basically just from what I have read. on the internet. They mainly seem to have 2 dials for city and highway. I get that you can set those, but you need to keep switching from city to highway. The only other I have seen is on ebay and has just one dial and the guy says that it needs constant adjustment.
Is this correct?

Thanks

Jay

You can just leave it in city mode all the time. You will only have to adjust it once, Hwy is for a little leaner "low load" mixture.

rossi46
12-20-2009, 08:31 AM
You can just leave it in city mode all the time. You will only have to adjust it once, Hwy is for a little leaner "low load" mixture.

Ok that's great.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I just saw a video on youtube of a guy with a single dial on his enhancer and he said it needed constant ajustment.
I am sorry if my questions seem stupid.

Thanks

Jay

richard_lyew
12-24-2009, 09:26 PM
come on people just use a AFC and not have to guess whats going on :D