PDA

View Full Version : Measuring Cell output LPM

rossi46
12-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Hi Guys

I have a few different cells which I am currently testing. Can you guys suggest an easy way to test the HHO in LPM without a massive investment.
I just looking for a more acurate way of measuring the cells performance.

Thanks for your help

Jay

astrocady
12-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Hi Jay,

The way I measure mine is by a modified bottle test. I took a 1 liter plastic soda bottle and cut the bottom off. Then I driled a hole in the cap and epoxied a bar fitting that would fit my HHO supply line. I then filled a bucket clear full of water and sumerged my bottle, leaving on the fitting sticking out of the water. Start timing as you plug the hose onto the fitting, and then lift the bottle about 3/4 of the way out of the bucket. When the water level drops in the bottle to close to the buckets water line, raise the bottle us a little more, being careful to always keep a little bit under the water line. Stop timing at the first bubble.

If anyone has a better method, I"m all ears :-))

Steve

rossi46
12-17-2009, 04:06 AM
Hi Jay,

The way I measure mine is by a modified bottle test. I took a 1 liter plastic soda bottle and cut the bottom off. Then I driled a hole in the cap and epoxied a bar fitting that would fit my HHO supply line. I then filled a bucket clear full of water and sumerged my bottle, leaving on the fitting sticking out of the water. Start timing as you plug the hose onto the fitting, and then lift the bottle about 3/4 of the way out of the bucket. When the water level drops in the bottle to close to the buckets water line, raise the bottle us a little more, being careful to always keep a little bit under the water line. Stop timing at the first bubble.

If anyone has a better method, I"m all ears :-))

Steve

Thanks for your reply Steve!!

I'll give it a go

Roland Jacques
12-17-2009, 07:23 AM
The larger bottle you use the more accurate your test will be.
To factor out percentage of steam/vapor in your gas, and heat expansion, you can just let the bottle (without the hose in it) sit in the water. The vapor will condense as the gas cools, it will leave you with a truer reading.

Philldpapill
12-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Funny to see a thread like this... I was JUST working on my digital flow meter. I'm playing around with an electronic pressure sensor that I plan on using to measure gas production. I'm working on some of the electronics right now, but in the end, I'm hoping I can use this as a real-time gas production meter.

The meter would work by taking the output gas flow from the cell, and feeding it into the input of the device. The gas would then flow through a low air-resistance module, creating a small back pressure as it flows past(<1psi). This back pressure is then measured, and a flow rate is derived through the use of a microcontroller. The flow output will then be displayed on a screen(either a laptop or a small LCD screen).

Like I said, I'm just working on the electronics right now, but if this thing works, it sure will be handy to use in my experiments.