PDA

View Full Version : First test

bat
07-27-2008, 05:20 PM
I've read a lot about how the generator reacts differently under a vacuum.
Today I decided to try a small test to see for myself.
My unit is a spiral in a 4"pvc container 12" tall.

I drilled out the air cleaner on my lawnmower and attached the output line from the bubbler to it.

With the unit off I started the engine and checked to see there were no bubbles/hence no leaks.

On the bench my unit is drawing 22 amps and producing a nice sized bubble a second.

When I turned the generator on it immediately started producing four bubbles a second and leaped to 36 amps.

Vacuum really makes a difference. I was shocked to see the difference since a 3.5 hp mower cant have very much vaccum.

I now understand why its so important to keep the amps down on the bench.

Can't wait to get my parts and start on the Smacks unit.

nadeem5476
07-28-2008, 02:06 AM
do update us

shovel52
07-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Did your generator produce the excess bubbles the second you pulled vacuum or the second you applied current ? I have the same setup. I myself "from reading" think that there is more production under vacuum. how ever the bubbles can be misleading. There is a great deal of out gassing effect with the water under "heavy" vacuum. There is over 45 different gasses being released from the water under vacuum. and it produces large bubbles in your bubbler. I have tried injecting this output under vacuum into the brake booster and the pcv valve input. I have had poor luck and I think it is because these ports are not designed for that, or the fact of the large volumn of junk gasses that are mixed with it cause detrimental effects, I don't really know. I am trying to come up with a way to inject this output under vacuum into the air flow where the engine is designed to receive it. This can only be done by way of alternative vacuum pump. This technique seems to be unexplored so far as I can tell but is my next venture, if I decide it can be done safely. I am now thinking that there is a big difference in the deepness of the vacuum, I was at a -30 when I was getting the enormous bubbles, and I have watch a video of someone using a vacuum cell "utube" he says that the magic doesn't happen until about a - 20 or so. Do you have a vacuum gauge you can put on your unit and try different levels of vacuum? it may act different on a car under deep vacuum rather than a lawn mower.