PDA

View Full Version : HHO, Condensation in Bubbler to engine hose

milt987
11-29-2009, 03:20 PM
HI, this is my first cell, and although it seems to be working alright I notice air condensation in the cell to bubbler and in the bubbler to engine hose lines, I think one could have some condensation in the cell to bubbler due to the temp inside the cell, but in the bubbler to engine ??. This line is connected to PCV line which I place a T and hook them up. Is there not enough vaccum in this line?, Should I plug it to the intake air tube after the MAP? or is this normal. Im using distilled water ( 32 onz.) + baking soda ( 1 tsp ), I ordered the KOH is hard to find here. Any suggestion will be much welcome.
thanks.

redrat100
11-29-2009, 04:40 PM
You will get condensation anywhere these two conditions exist: 1) There is moisture in the HHO gas and 2) the HHO gas is warmer then the air around your hoses.

Yes, your HHO hose should be connected between the throttle body and MAP sensor. This way the HHO will be drawn into the throttle body by the vacuum created by acceleration. With it connected to the pcv valve might be ok. It depends if the pcv valve is before or after the throttle body.

milt987
11-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Thank you, I be placing it in the throtle intake tube after the map, someone told to add a water separator, like the ones use in the compressed air tube lines, is this a general practice or a solution to the condition?

redrat100
11-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Thank you, I be placing it in the throtle intake tube after the map, someone told to add a water separator, like the ones use in the compressed air tube lines, is this a general practice or a solution to the condition?

I have tried them also. The function of those separators is that of a water separator to attempt to dry out compressed air. I used one in addition to a condenser coil and a desiccant filter in order to completely dry out the gas from my HHO generator. My reason was that I wanted to measure pure HHO output from my cell, not HHO mixed with steam. And, because there is always an amount of NaOh (or KOH or NaCl or whatever you are using as a catalyst) held in suspension within the water vapor that is very corrosive to aluminum, I wanted to eliminate as much of the caustic as possible before introducing HHO into my engine.

milt987
11-29-2009, 09:23 PM
have you tried citric acid?

redrat100
11-29-2009, 11:47 PM
have you tried citric acid?

No, just NaOh. Read through the thread "First off... which electrolytes NOT TO USE!" in the Best Electrolytes forum.