PDA

View Full Version : High production coming out of a neutral screw.

mneste8718
07-27-2008, 01:23 PM
I have a 7 plate setup with 5 neutrals. I've just tried using some clear silicone (water proof and stands to 400F) to coat the edges to lessen the current bleed around the neutral plates. What I have noticed now is that the steel screws that I use to hold the 7 plates together have a lot of bubbles coming off it. Now this isn't because of the silicone (the silicone just made it easier to see). Also, the screws are neutral and have insulation around them (where the plates would come into contact with them). I see lots of production coming off both sides where the screw holds the positive plate and negative plate.

I am wondering then if the screw has different polarities on each end and also is it possible to maybe do this on a larger scale and have more neutral screws going through the plates and produce more HHO that way.

1973dodger
07-27-2008, 02:04 PM
most silicones are semi-conductors. perhaps you should check into this a little further.

1973 dodger

mneste8718
07-27-2008, 02:17 PM
most silicones are semi-conductors. perhaps you should check into this a little further.

1973 dodger

Well do you think that the type of silicone used to seal windows outside would conduct electricity? I don't know, I haven't checked. I would like to note though that there is no contact between the screw and the silicone as the silicone only covers the outer edges of the plates. This made me able see the bubbles better because before I could see the current bleeding around the neutral plates and I could see the edges of the end plates making a lot of HHO.

One other observation, now that I used the silicone, it seems that the run away heating is less present. The container does not heat up as much using the same amount of electrolyte. I'm about to do a 100 mile trip and I'll post results later. Perhaps this makes things more efficient and I can maybe use more electrolyte to increase the AMPs.

Smith03Jetta
07-27-2008, 09:41 PM
I don't know about gas production on silicon coated parts but I do know that the silicon protects the SS from corrosion. It inadvertently happened when I got some silicon on some of my plates by accident.

daveczrn
07-28-2008, 01:53 AM
with the bolt going through both the + and - from what i understand it will be nutrual in the sense of the rest of our nutruels would be... but it is much closer to the + and - than the rest of the plates and it's easier for electricity to travel through that then it is to travel through the N plates.

mneste8718
07-28-2008, 01:10 PM
with the bolt going through both the + and - from what i understand it will be nutrual in the sense of the rest of our nutruels would be... but it is much closer to the + and - than the rest of the plates and it's easier for electricity to travel through that then it is to travel through the N plates.

Indeed you're right but usually for electricity to go through a neutral plate, there must be a plate with opposite polarity on the other side. This is not the case over here because the neutral screw is facing away, or is not between the positive or negative plate.