PDA

View Full Version : Multiple injection / introduction points

350matt
11-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Wotcha all

Having followed the similar thread I though I'd report on my findings, I originally had my HHO line just before the throttle with the fitting protruding slightly into the airstream and it cut back at an angle to try and promote a bit of suck on teh end.

I feel that this was getting HHO in, but my results weren't great (about a 5% improvement in milage)

I've since tried adding a 2nd feed into the engine behind the butterfly so where there's a vacuum at part throttle.

This 2nd line I've restricted to a about a 1mm diameter hole to prevent too much vacuum collapsing the bubbler tank and I've still got the main 1/4" bore line running to just before the throttle, I've also been setting the EFIE unit to run as lean as I dare and have found with the 2nd feed I can run leaner on the EFIE without the engine response being 'flat' and everything feels much 'perkier' at low to medium throttle openings, mileage has improved but only slightly now about 7-8% improvement.

My next plan is to make up an venturi / emulsion tube for the main pre-throttle point that should greatly increase the vacuum over the end of the HHO line for the larger throttle applications.

I'm also going to try a full flush of the system and make sure I'm running 28% KOH .
So in summary I think having a small vacuum feed is a good thing and the more the HHO introduction works like a carb, the better .

Your thoughts gents?