PDA

View Full Version : maf to ecu wire

milt987
11-16-2009, 08:38 PM
I bought a maf enhancer, but can't tell which one of the 4 wires going out of the maf, is the signal wire that goes to the ecu in order to hook the enhancer. I have a Ford F150, 4.2L, 2000. Can someone tell where to find an schematic or knows which one is the wire.

cabrera
11-17-2009, 08:04 AM
I bought a maf enhancer, but can't tell which one of the 4 wires going out of the maf, is the signal wire that goes to the ecu in order to hook the enhancer. I have a Ford F150, 4.2L, 2000. Can someone tell where to find an schematic or knows which one is the wire.

You have the same hookup as my 2002 Explorer 4.0
This BLUE with the RED stripe wire is the MAF sensor wire to the ECU. FORD ONLY
http://members.cox.net/sporttrac/HHO/MAF%20Wire%20Ford.jpg

milt987
11-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Thank you very much, I have been trying to get this information for quite a while, thanks again.

cabrera
11-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Thank you very much, I have been trying to get this information for quite a while, thanks again.

My pleasure, that's what we are here for. Great bunch of people here with a weath of information.

According to my Ford wiring schematics manual, the color is actually grey & red but it looks blue to me.
You may or may not have 2 more wires on your harness on the outside holes. In anycase it's the one I outlined.

cabrera
12-15-2009, 01:10 PM

Milt,

How did you make out with the MAF enhancer?

cabrera
12-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Let us know of your resuld. I installed a MAF enhancer on the Tow Car with the extender on all four O2. The mileage went down worst than what it was rated at. with the extender the car got great mileage, I've since disconnected the MAF Enhancer.

Actually you would only need extenders on the 2 O2 sensors
after the manifolds. Those are the ones that send the signal to the ecu. It was explained to me that the 2 O2 sensors after the cats just measure results but do not send sensory input to the ecu to make changes