PDA

View Full Version : PWM Modulator Output

Roland Jacques
11-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Found this on Ebay. Apparently this hooked up to your MAP will sync with your PWM. So your HHO (or ...) output will go up and down with RPM / load /... :)
Oh yeah it includes what looks to be a dynamic EFIE O2 & MAP

I hope it work the way i understand it.:):):)

Has anyone tried this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EFIE-DIGITAL-MAP-MAF-DUAL-O2-PWM-Modulator-Output_W0QQitemZ150386249476QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMot ors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2303b80f0 4

Roland Jacques
11-11-2009, 04:55 PM
The moderating PWM example in there add was not clear to me, so i Emailed them, here is their reply. (little language barrier)

"for example a driver CC75A you fit a current of 15 amps with the engine running and the car stopped (idle) when the car accelerates the generator current is increased up to 40 amps in proportion to the acceleration of the car."

I wanted to know if the controller allowed the CC75A or CC40A driver to go from 25% to 100%. I'm still not clear, guess I'll try again.

Philldpapill
11-11-2009, 07:20 PM
That sounds like junk, TBH. They seem to be claiming that their "system" is some sort of closed loop control system. However, as it seems there is no tuning to be done to match the acceleration with an increased PWM duty cycle, then the proportion of HHO and engine speed can't be correct. Ask them if it is possible to tune the proportionality constant with respect to engine speed. See what they say... Hell, throw some technical mumbo-jumbo in there and see how they react.

From my experience, when someone talks all techy when advertising, they are trying to pull a fast one on the consumer. On the other end, when someone tries to talk about a complicated subject in laymens terms, they're probably legit(shows they really do understand the subject and want you to as well).

Roland Jacques
11-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Ok Got another reply
"where if you set your driver to 75%, our efie means that when the engine is at full load shall send 100% of the capacity of the driver or the 35 amp.

the proportion of increase is adjustable."

I think I understand.
It seems that it ties the PWM output, directly with the MAP or MAF output. MAP or MAF goes up means, PWM amps also goes up. So i think you only adjust the proportions / relationship.

Phil, you know more about this stuff than i do, Doesn'T this make sense and seem doable?