PDA

View Full Version : will truck innertube work for dry cell gaskets?

cloneman
11-05-2009, 11:30 PM
I read that truck innertube might work as dry cell gaskets. I bought a used one for 10 dollars at a tire store. Its seems to be about 3/16 thick. I also bought a small piece of shower pan liner 1/16 from home depot but it seems very thin, and very hard. which is better? since i'm too cheap to order neroprene!!

please help???

Farmer Bobb
11-06-2009, 06:40 PM
I've used 3/16 neoprene and .0180 thick stainless(not sure of the gauge) because thats all I have to use. I make 2 lpm on a 6x6 21 plate @ 15 to 20 amps. Things get get hot after an hour on the road. I've had car problems,(bad motor, bad hard to work on toyota's), but I'm still playing with HHO. Had the son's 79 Malibu, 200 V6 and a 3 speed all summer with HHO and got it up to a steady 25 mpg,(one tank 27). Just finished putting a motor in a 92 Camry, my new test/ work car. Probably going to need an EFEI, but there are lots things to it first.
Have fun, Bobb
I'm with you on the shower pan liner, my stainless is to thin. I believe that the smaller the distance between the plates increase the efficiency of your unit, more gas.