PDA

View Full Version : Temp wire.....

Tundra4x4
11-03-2009, 04:49 PM
I am working on messing with the temp wire on my MAF sensor. In the past I got a 5+ increase in mpg. But I changed it to mess with the load wire (which didnt help) But I am back to the temp wire. I think if you take away resistance you will make your engine think its running hotter which will reduce fuel to cool it down. It has worked for me for months. I will be back soon with the before and after resistances and what the voltage is before you and after to fill yall in. But I went from about 14-15 mpg to about 20-22 mpg so i am doing something.....I have to play with it and get some readings...but like always i need to time! :rolleyes:

richard_lyew
11-11-2009, 06:30 AM
I am working on messing with the temp wire on my MAF sensor. In the past I got a 5+ increase in mpg. But I changed it to mess with the load wire (which didnt help) But I am back to the temp wire. I think if you take away resistance you will make your engine think its running hotter which will reduce fuel to cool it down. It has worked for me for months. I will be back soon with the before and after resistances and what the voltage is before you and after to fill yall in. But I went from about 14-15 mpg to about 20-22 mpg so i am doing something.....I have to play with it and get some readings...but like always i need to time! :rolleyes:

i wouldn't mess with this too much as it can permanently damage your ECU. just buy a cheap AFC already man :D a ECU cost way too much to be messing with it

Tundra4x4
11-11-2009, 09:24 PM
where should i look for a good AFC?