PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Bubbler???

tcr1016
10-18-2009, 04:10 PM
I am building a HHO generator, but have seen videos that have a bubbler. Some have stainess steel wool in them. What is the reason for the bubbler?? Is it to remove any water passed by the generator??

jerrygoldsmith
10-18-2009, 04:17 PM
1 - to remove any electrolyte that might be getting passed on through the HHO process

2 - to have a 'stopgap' measure to keep the darn thing from blowing itself up. If your flash arrestors are installed, still good to have a bubbler.

there are other good reasons too, but those are my personal two.

tcr1016
10-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Is it good to use steel wool or just leave the water level 1/2 way up??? Does anyone use anything else??

tcr1016
10-18-2009, 04:58 PM
I forgot to ask: do you just fill the bubbler with water or the electrolizer??

lhazleton
10-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Bubbler should have distilled water in case of back-flow. You don't want to contaminate your electrolyte.

methaneb
10-18-2009, 05:22 PM
That all depends.. some people use a bubbler that also acts as a resevoir and recirculates electroylte/water back into the cell for cooling purposes. Some folks use a cell, resevoir, and bubbler setup, in which case the bubbler would not contain electrolyte. Often times, folks will use vinegar or some other solution in their bubbler as a means of neutralizing any gassified elctrolye before heading to the engine.

jerrygoldsmith
10-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Helz has like.... 7 bubblers.
From what I've been able to discern, he has

1 - the super-scrubber sediment filter which removes all electrolytes from the system
2 - Super-scrubber sediment filter backup. In case the first one fails.
3 - Super scrubber sediment backup, backup. In case the 2nd one fails.
4 - Mega-scrubber, to remove the scrubber elements introduced accidentally by the first three, that removed the original contaminants.
5 - Ultra-violet gamma burst scrubber, which disintegrates ALL particulates that the first 4 may have missed. As well as any bacteria growing in system, or small squirrels.
6 - Decoy scrubber. This is not a real bubbler. This is where he hides his pot.
7 - The last bubbler is actually a Canary system. Like the old coal-miners used, it houses a small canary that has severe allergies to KOH or any other electroylyte materials. Once the Canary's face swells up past 4 inches, Helz knows that his other scrubbers have failed, as the size of the canary's head pushes up a toggle switch that initiates the forward thrust release system (or FTRS). This induces hyper-transfer-disco-matter-infusion into the Bio-Descramber.

The only downside, is that if this happens he has to stay under 88MPH.... or else any onlookers see some serious shiz...

Helz_McFugly
10-18-2009, 07:16 PM
LMAO. I also ahve a hookup nozzle on my hip that filters it though my kidney.
http://www.hhoforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1379&stc=1&d=1255907742