PDA

View Full Version : 1LPM at 8amps?

EltonBrandd
07-26-2008, 11:40 PM
I found this link at another hho forum. They claim to be putting out 1lpm at 8amps. The units start at $49. I ordered one, we'll see how good it is soon.
http://www.hydroreactors.com/index.htm

mario brito
07-27-2008, 12:04 AM
good find ! i like their hydro-linx system :)

please tell us about your tests, and if their system really does 1LPM @ 8A

thanks

Omega
07-27-2008, 12:29 AM
Hmmm.... I looked at the website and the pictures of the Hydro-Blox and wonder:

1) Where does the water go in?

2) Where does the electrical hook up?

3) How can you tell how much electrolyte is in the box?

4) Why didn't they screw the barb fittings in all the way?

I'll be very interested to see the "guts" of this wonder box and how it performs. $49 isn't a lot of money. How do they do it? Time will tell.

gheuett
07-27-2008, 07:24 AM
Their prices are amazing if they deliver as promised. Thanks for posting!
Gib

nadeem5476
07-27-2008, 12:18 PM
any increase in MPG ?

Gregoryn
07-27-2008, 02:48 PM
I think its operate like my cell:
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3654/generatorbubblernv5.th.png (http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=generatorbubblernv5.png)

...but it is much cheaper :mad:

Stratous
07-27-2008, 03:35 PM
The cell must be really small, or they have found an incredibly cheap place for SS. $49 barely covers the cost of the metal. How is it possible to build a cell and make a profit for $49. Something sounds fishy to me, but then again, maybe its completely legit.

dennis13030
07-27-2008, 05:02 PM
I found this link at another hho forum. They claim to be putting out 1lpm at 8amps. The units start at $49. I ordered one, we'll see how good it is soon.
http://www.hydroreactors.com/index.htm

Please inform all of us with the results you get from this unit.

EltonBrandd
07-27-2008, 11:51 PM
Please inform all of us with the results you get from this unit.

Did you look at the controller too? That in itself is pretty awesome.

Gregoryn
07-28-2008, 01:42 AM
Did you look at the controller too? That in itself is pretty awesome.

I love the idea of using a controller like this! Here is an amazing controller too:http://hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=357&highlight=management

If someone have experience on something like this, please share the results!

hubut864@bellsouth.net
07-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Gregoryn can the storage tank (bubbler) be mounted at the same level or lower?Your system looks great!;)

Gregoryn
07-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Gregoryn can the storage tank (bubbler) be mounted at the same level or lower?Your system looks great!;)

Thank you for your good words! I have not try it yet but i think it can not act as a bubbler/cooling system if you dont put it higher than the cell. In the other hand, i think that you can place it on the same level and use it to refiill the cell, with a little different tubing.

kg4lhowj
09-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Had to bring this thread back from the dead. Anyone else using a Hydro-Blox? Thanks, Wesley

hubut864@bellsouth.net
09-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Yes I using 2 on a 3 L engine. I just started so no results yet.

Roland Jacques
09-17-2008, 10:17 PM
8 amps at 13.5 volts that is 9.25 MMW. that is a really amazing number.
look foward for someone varifying that

hubut864@bellsouth.net
09-18-2008, 09:30 AM
Hydrorectors is saying 10 Amps. I am not running that much but working up to it. They say to use 1 to 2 tablespoons of lye per liter of water. In the past I have never used that strong of a mixture.

I am convinced that a flooded generator is the way to go.

EltonBrandd
09-18-2008, 10:40 AM
This forum hasn't covered the whole "HR" scandal. There are probably 3 units out there that I can verify so far. The company has "grown" so fast it couldn't keep up with production. I ordered mine on July 26th, still haven't got it or even received any shipping info. Many people have similar stories like this. Their forum used to be littered with them until the moderator deleted all negative posts. So what ever you hear about them don't believe it. At this point only "dealers" have received anything and nobody has got the entire package. And their communication is non existent, I have sent 8 or 9 emails with no response, they responded to an email I sent over a month ago and told me they were going to ship but obviously never did.

kg4lhowj
09-18-2008, 12:27 PM
^^Well, I am unsure as to why you haven't received yours or why you can't get anyone on the phone prior to Friday, Sept. 12. (I do know they are down still because of the hurricane) I have talked with Ray with HR a few times and he was very helpful. I ordered a single block Sept. 3rd over the phone with him and received it yesterday. I only posted the question because I was initially having an issue with it, I am still working through it though. If there are some problems with HR, I sure would like to know but I have not had the experience that you have had.

About the electrolyte, Ray told me to use 1tblsp of lye per liter of distilled water. I think the plates are quite small? My housing is 4"T X 2.25"D X 5.25"L and the edges of the box feel atleast 3/8" thick.

I will get this block up and running soon and post results. Thanks, Wesley

HYDROTEKPRO
09-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Hope they fill all their orders, and hope they are honest.

We're all very curious about how these tiny little boxes actually work!

Roland Jacques
09-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Yeah i heard they have been majorly back ordered also. If it can produce 1lpm at 10 amps it is worth the wait. When they were $50 definitly.
after i tested it I think Id have to open one up if i bought one.

EltonBrandd
09-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Yeah i heard they have been majorly back ordered also. If it can produce 1lpm at 10 amps it is worth the wait. When they were $50 definitly.
after i tested it I think Id have to open one up if i bought one.

Backorder is an under statement. They advertised an insane price to drum up business and zero units on hand. Not one person ever saw their original cell. The first cells that started popping up, 10 days ago, looked nothing like their picture. There are people that ordered July 23rd and still have nothing. It pisses me off to no end that they shipped one to some dude that called on September 3rd and the rest us have been waiting since July 26th with not even a word. How can they take your money and not deliver and product and not even respond to your emails? They need to figure out how to run a business, we know they can already ruin a business.