PDA

View Full Version : doubts about distance of plates - dry cell (Newbie)

Dionican
09-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Hello guys, I am trying build my own dry cell, but I have some doubts. First, what is the correct thickness to plates of 316L SS, and what you guys use to isolate and seal the plates of the cell? What is the space between two plates (thickness isolate)?
Second, how many time can I use the same fluid? For exemple, if I use the cell working continuously with a 1LMP and 1 Lt of fluid circulating, when I should replace the fluid, and the bullber fluid?
More one question, when I replace the fluid, it is this dangerous? What can I do with the old fluid?

Thanks for your helping , and sorry about my english, I am not american.

Helz_McFugly
09-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Hello guys, I am trying build my own dry cell, but I have some doubts. First, what is the correct thickness to plates of 316L SS, and what you guys use to isolate and seal the plates of the cell? What is the space between two plates (thickness isolate)?
Second, how many time can I use the same fluid? For exemple, if I use the cell working continuously with a 1LMP and 1 Lt of fluid circulating, when I should replace the fluid, and the bullber fluid?
More one question, when I replace the fluid, it is this dangerous? What can I do with the old fluid?

Thanks for your helping , and sorry about my english, I am not american.

i can go by what Ive seen and made my own out of.
the 316L SS plates I use are 16g
for gaskets I use that clear plastic stuff tht hangs in front of freezers and its about 1/16" thick after compressed.
i cant answer how long fluid lasts as Ive never had a system running long enough to get to its end. longest Ive ever had one run was 3 weeks and it was still fine. bubbler fluid, same.
my old fluid goes on ant beds :eek:

Dionican
09-23-2009, 07:37 PM
I don't understand about thickness of the plates, 16g?? how many mm or " they are? And thanks a lot for your help Helz, but I realy want to know much time this fluid works.
Other doubt came to me, I saw that usually the rate is 1LMP for each 1.0 of the engine, but what happens if I put more HHO, just lose de HHO? or spend more gas? or damage the engine?
Please, I realy want do this work... :)

Helz_McFugly
09-23-2009, 08:56 PM
NO, dont lose the HHO. I think 16 guage metal is 1.4mm.
1 to 1.5LPM of HHO to every liter of your engine is perfect for boosting.

Dionican
09-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Realy thanks for your help man. :)
I will try construct it and after post the results.