PDA

View Full Version : Design Idea

nickalderson
07-24-2008, 10:27 PM
After seeing Stratous' two cell design with the cells inside a polycarbonate box that he made, I thought of this design.

I read posts on another forum from a guy who made generators with 4 tubes 2" in length (+-+-) arranged like the ones in the pictures. He put three of them on his truck and had good success.

I am pretty clueless on how I would go about "wiring" the cells. The idea I have in my head is to have the two rows to be wired in series, so that there would be two seperate three cell series'. I don't even know if that is possible, or if my terminology is correct.

Please post any suggestions, comments, or criticisms that you have of this design.

nickalderson
07-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Here are some pictures with dimensions.

pj91gsx
07-25-2008, 12:06 AM
can you explain the pics?

nickalderson
07-25-2008, 12:13 AM
It's a 3d model of just the cells and the box that they would go in. Each cell would be in its own bath. I have not put in any sort of connection to current, because I'm kind of clueless as to how I would do that. The whole box is about the size of an average car battery, which would be perfect for me, because I plan on moving my battery to the trunk and using the space for HHO production. It's somewhat based on a design by Stratous that you can find on this thread:

http://hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=216

Omega
07-25-2008, 12:16 AM
Cool drawing!

nickalderson
07-25-2008, 12:19 AM
I used Google SketchUp. It's free and it's really simple to learn. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Stratous
07-25-2008, 09:08 AM
You can pass a nylon bolt through each group of tubes. The center tube can be either pos or neg. Using a drill press put a 1/4" hole through each tube. Then using nylon spacers/washers, place the spacers between the tubes and passing the bolt through the spacers/washers. You can use the nylong bolt to hold the positive and negative straps in place as well. If you plan on all 4 tubes being electrically connected, then you could wire all 6 cells in series, but if you plan in having the center 2 tubes as neutral, then wire them in 3 sets of parallel, then wire those 3 in series. I cant draw while I am work so I hope this explanation is understandable. Oh, that is a very nice design. I may attempt to duplicate if you dont mind.

nickalderson
07-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Stratous,

Your explanation is understandable. Thank you very much, it helps a lot. I still have some hurdles to overcome before I can experiment with any ideas I have (interpretation: I'm broke). By all means if you want to try this design, go for it. I would love to see how well it works. If not, I'll get to it eventually, and when I do, I'll let everyone know.