PDA

View Full Version : HHO'ers top vehicle picks? Could we compile a rough list?

slimk
07-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Are there any vehicles that respond beautifully to an HHO gen or a Hydrogen Boost System? I dont mean one guy who has a certain model of car and says it works for him, I mean a model of car that multiple people attest to it working equally as well for all of them. If certain vehicles are more HHO friendly then a list should be compiled of them, ideally vehicles that need little to no electronic/hardware mods to get decent MPG gains right away.

This would come in super handy of a HHO'er was looking to buy another car and wanted to be assured of getting a vehicle that is friendly to what he wants to do with it.

So far it seems everyone on here as completely different cars from one another, its almost hard to believe the variety of vehicles...lol all i ever see on the road here are 1000's of the same 10 models...or so it seems.

It would be nice to see a bunch of people all vouching for ONE model, like lets say a 96-00 honda civic [just an example, i know those cars dont seem to like simple HHO gens] then whoever new to HHO comes along they will be saved a TON of tweaking, or someone who was considering buying that car, now definately will cause they want a hassle free HHO setup.

computerclinic
07-24-2008, 09:37 PM
That would be really cool...Especially if the threads were configured by Manufacturer and then by model and year.

A customised member profile for folks to enter info about the experiments so others can see the details of their efforts. I will talk to "the boss" about the custom profiles....

Good idea!

HYDROTEKPRO
07-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Definitely the older vehicles that you don't need EFIE(s) (for the oxygen sensor(s) on the exhaust line before the catalytic converters).

timetowinarace
07-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Yeah, old gas guzzlers.

We're talking distributor caps and carbs. No computers. Almost any car that can be raced in the cheap stock car classes.

I have a ford 351w and a 302 sitting around. When I get tired of playing with my daily drivers for fuel economy, I'll build a 100+ cell electrolyser for max output and see just how little gasoline I can use in one of these engines. Should be a fun hobby.

dennis13030
07-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Are there any vehicles that respond beautifully to an HHO gen or a Hydrogen Boost System? I dont mean one guy who has a certain model of car and says it works for him, I mean a model of car that multiple people attest to it working equally as well for all of them. If certain vehicles are more HHO friendly then a list should be compiled of them, ideally vehicles that need little to no electronic/hardware mods to get decent MPG gains right away.

This would come in super handy of a HHO'er was looking to buy another car and wanted to be assured of getting a vehicle that is friendly to what he wants to do with it.

So far it seems everyone on here as completely different cars from one another, its almost hard to believe the variety of vehicles...lol all i ever see on the road here are 1000's of the same 10 models...or so it seems.

It would be nice to see a bunch of people all vouching for ONE model, like lets say a 96-00 honda civic [just an example, i know those cars dont seem to like simple HHO gens] then whoever new to HHO comes along they will be saved a TON of tweaking, or someone who was considering buying that car, now definately will cause they want a hassle free HHO setup.

Great posting! I agree.

I would like to add on more idea to this. Besides the list of vehicles that respond well with HHO systems, I want to know what vehicles DO NOT respond well with HHO systems. I think this list should include make, model, year, mpg before, mpg after, notes about added power and/or emissions and/or installations.

Stratous
07-25-2008, 12:26 PM
How about Ford Probes. Read this:http://www.fuel-saver.org/Forum/showthread.php?tid=680&page=1

dennis13030
07-25-2008, 12:50 PM
I want to add one more item to the list.

I think this list should include make, model, year, mpg before, mpg after, notes(about added power and/or emissions and/or installations), the information needed to verify the source(first name/phone number).

Without this means of verification, info on this list could be false.