PDA

View Full Version : new project with gas powered genarator

Helz_McFugly
09-16-2009, 10:13 AM
I have a Lincoln Electric Ranger GXT 250 Amp Generator/Welder 125 Volt, 250 Amp. 23 HP IC engine

Stats:
U.S.A. Rated Watts (kW): 11,000, Surge Watts (kW): 10,000, Receptacles (qty.): Two 120 Volt, 40 Amp and One 120/240 Volt, 42 Amp, Circuit Breakers: Yes, Welding Amperage Range: 50-250, Duty Cycle: 100% @ 250 Amps, 25 Volts, Engine: Kohler OHV Command, HP: 23, Start Type: Electric, Auto-Idle: Idler function switch, Fuel Capacity (gal.): 12, Dimensions L x W x H (in.): 21 1/2 x 42 9/32 x 36 3/16 Rated 125 Volt/250 Amp for AC, DC and CV All outputs rated at 100% duty cycle Electric fuel pump standard Running AC generator power for high-capacity needs such as backup generator, powering welders as well as lights and other power tools Low-noise only 100.7dB Model K2382-2

Im going to start testing the crap out of this thing. Ive already taken the houseing off and diconnected the fuel line and replaced it with a clear hose so i can monitor Fuel consumption as I try differect types of alternate fuels. anywho. Im going to have fun with it. and no im not going to turn into an OU nut. :D

biggy boy
09-16-2009, 10:50 AM
and no im not going to turn into an OU nut. :D

What an OU nut:confused:, maybe I want to be one :p

Glen

Helz_McFugly
09-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Over Unity

IF I were one, I would be trying to make an HHO generator that is powered BY the ac/dc generator thats powered by the IC engine thats running on the HHO generator. :p

a perpetual motion device

Helz_McFugly
09-16-2009, 11:02 AM
Im sure if by chance I DID make one, "big oil" (Phill) who is only a few miles from me, would come take me out. LOL :p

I could try, but Ide probably get obsessed and go broke trying. there are so many energy sources being waisted on a IC engine its not even funny. also a HHO gen creates heat and steam and that to is lost energy that could be used. but like I said. ide get lost in it and end up divorced and broke because im very obsessive by nature. :cool:

biggy boy
09-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Over Unity

IF I were one, I would be trying to make an HHO generator that is powered BY the ac/dc generator thats powered by the IC engine thats running on the HHO generator. :p

a perpetual motion device

Wait wait, you need to add some sort of water pump and a big water wheel thing into that setup too. :p

biggy boy
09-16-2009, 11:06 AM
im very obsessive by nature. :cool:

I would bet most of us are, that's why we are here:)

Helz_McFugly
09-16-2009, 11:06 AM
and a steam engine, and a solor panel, and a wind mill, and a magnet wheel, and my dogs crap in a bottle, and some dead june bugs that die under the light i work under at night, and the vibrations of my wifes voice as she screams at me.. lol all good sources of energy

Helz_McFugly
09-16-2009, 11:10 AM
I saw a test ran by Smack on a IC such as mine to show fuel saved by using HHO. Ill be doing things simaler to that. and Ill probably do the same test he did at some point in a different manner. But yea just lots of "documented" testing. mostly with HHO, water injection, gasoline vaporization, and so on.

Roland Jacques
09-16-2009, 11:46 AM
I saw a test ran by Smack on a IC such as mine to show fuel saved by using HHO. Ill be doing things simaler to that. and Ill probably do the same test he did at some point in a different manner. But yea just lots of "documented" testing. mostly with HHO, water injection, gasoline vaporization, and so on.

Yeah, Smack totally blew the gen test. He messed the key point.
ZeroFF did it better but he did not measure his loss of power from his massive converters (120 to12 volts)

I wanted to use a small 1300 watt gen that had a 12 volt 10 amp that could go direct to the electorlyzer. but my budget is to tight to justify
I wish i was near you id love to help you run some tests. Can you adjust your timing on your Gen?

Helz_McFugly
09-16-2009, 11:54 AM
yea Im sure it has points on the flywheel. Ill just have to take off the points and make them adjustable