PDA

View Full Version : What are your mileage results?

snapper1d
07-24-2008, 03:27 PM
I posted this on the Testimonials sticky but I think I should of posted it here since I was asking a question also.What are you getting on mpg with gas production?I have a 73 ford F-100 with a 360 cid engine.It a real gas hog.I was getting exactly 10mpg.I tried one of the w4g units and then added 3 more.I am getting 15.7 mpg now.It runs much smoother and it does not take as long to warm up and run smooth now.Since then I added 2 more units but no more increase in mpg.I built some 3 x 7 plates with a gallon jar to see what I would get and using them as +nnnn--nnnn+.I reduced it by 2 n's.then 2 more n's and the best gas production was at +nn--nn+.I had a lot more gas production but still no more added mpg.I then added another gallon jar with the same plate design.Now there is a rather gas flow.But still no added mpg.I then added a third gallon with the same plate design.Now there is a tremendous gas flow but still no added mpg.I have worked with the timing and checked and reset it by 2 degrees from 12 btdc and going back to tdc but still no added mpg.I am guessing that what is happening is that I am just getting a complete fuel burn at using the 4 W4G units and all the added extra gas is not helping much at all.I have a 200 amp altenuator so I have plenty amps to work with.I dont have a ammeter but there is one on the way.I was wondering if others were experiencing the same thing.One thing I can see for sure is my spark plugs are white as snow.That was quite a surprise to see them like that.That tells me its a really good complete fuel burn.