PDA

View Full Version : Newb... need suggestions.

ICEMAN.KCMO
07-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Hello all. I just started experimenting with hho. i made my first electrolyzer like the W4G setup. It did produce some, but not enough... i think. i am not sure if I should have it non vented for the test. I just hav e the output line going into the bottle and everything else sealed up....

Next.... I am going to be building a better setup with SS plates...is there a writeup, how-to or anyhting like that to build a better plate setup? A sticky at the top of the forum would be great, or another section just for the design of the unit.

I see some talke about +n-n+ what are these??? are the N for Neutral plates? and what are the neutral plates for??? Get me Started!!!!!

Stratous
07-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Do a search in these boards for neutral plate. You will find more than enough informaiton.

dennis13030
07-24-2008, 02:43 PM
When you see something like

+NNN-NNN+

it means that this is a description of the plate configuration of an electrolyzer.

"+" represents a plate directly connected to the positive terminal of a voltage source(aka anode).

"N" or "n" represents a plate without connection to either terminal of a voltage source(aka neutral). More on these later.

"-" represents a plate directly connected to the negative terminal of a voltage source(aka cathode).

Neutral plates are conductive metal plates that are placed between anodes and cathodes. They are electrically connected only through the electrolyte that they sit in. There purpose is to reduce the current draw on the electrolyzer while at the same time increase the gas production and efficiency of the electrolyzer. There is some math involved with these neutral plates.

ICEMAN.KCMO
07-25-2008, 09:19 AM
ok, so what is the best setup?? +NNN- +N-N+ or +NNN-NNN+ ???

These are the three i am thinking about....

Stratous
07-25-2008, 09:37 AM
ok, so what is the best setup?? +NNN- +N-N+ or +NNN-NNN+ ???

These are the three i am thinking about....

+NNN- and +NNN-NNN+ are the same thing. It is just double. They will produce less HHO vs +N-N+. The drawback of the +n-N+ is heat.

Smith03Jetta
07-25-2008, 09:49 AM
The configuration of your electrolyzer cell can vary widely based on the available space under the hood of your car. I have a very efficient cool-running wide/flat setup holding 1 gallon of water that is putting out 920 ml/minute at 16 amps using Sodium Hydroxide. Others have created multi-plate setups that put out more or less HHO. Some opt to go with PVC pipe for their electrolyzers. I think it's a matter of preference.

My decision to ultimately go with my current design was based on low cost of assembly, practicality, space constraints and ease of assembly. I have spent as much as 6 hours putting together a PVC pipe electrolyzer using complicated methods such as cutting and glueing PVC fittings, Sealing fittings with Silicon sealant, Nylon All thread rod/bolts, special spacer washers, running wiring inside my container, insulating the wires etc. You also have to wait for the sealant to cure before you can test your PVC containers. That all takes a considerable amount of time for no better results than what I am getting.

It took about an hour to build my generator and begin testing.

If you want to get some quick sustainable results, start reading my post on page 19. Parts list is toward the end of my thread.