PDA

View Full Version : HHO not generating gas....

peistew
08-31-2009, 07:26 PM
Hello everybody!

I'm new here and have a question about my custom built HHO.

For some reason my generator isn't generating gas! No bubbles or anything!

I have checked all my connections and there is power going into my generator. My system has two anodes in a home water filter housing set-up. I built mine with stainless steel washers on two stainless steel rods that are very close to each other.

I will try to demonstrate below...

1 1
1 1
1 1
1 ---
1 ---

the ones are the rods and --- are the washers.

the actual set-up is a lot closer together.

am i doing something wrong? is this a bad design?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

biggy boy
08-31-2009, 08:15 PM
Hi peistew
welcome to the forum.
Umm two anodes? do you mean an anode and a cathode?
Can you take a picture of your plate/washer set up?
Or have a link to a web page that might have info, from were you got the idea for your cell?

Glen

peistew
08-31-2009, 08:25 PM
Hello,

Yes i meant a cathode and anode. I came up with the idea on my own, but like i say i don't know if it was a good idea or not. I don't have a picture now, but i can get one tomorrow.

Thanks

Helz_McFugly
08-31-2009, 09:53 PM
i cant really tell what you have going on there. what are you using for your electrolyte?

for example this is how my plates are setup
n = neutral (not connected)
my plates are 6" tall and 2.5" wide in a water seddiment filter.

+ n n - n n + n n -

hope this gives you a better idea on how to describe your setup

this isnt my cell but it is exactly what mine looks like.
http://www.hhoforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1317&stc=1&d=1251769875

peistew
08-31-2009, 10:52 PM
I have created a paintbrush picture of my cell to just show the basics of the system...maybe just by looking at it someone will be able to tell my fault

Hope it helps!

https://www.qdrive.net/home/images/?userid=3542&id=40287&fn=cell.jpg

Helz_McFugly
08-31-2009, 11:53 PM
It should be done something. are you using destilled water and an electrolyte (i.e baking soda, KOH, sodium hydroxide). Water alone isnt conductive enough, you have to add something for current to pass through. Ive even heard of people putting a little P in the water :p

biggy boy
09-01-2009, 08:03 AM
I think if the pates/washers could overlap more it would let the current flow better.

Helz_McFugly
09-01-2009, 09:02 AM
the first HHO device I ever saw, and also what got me into this, was a cell a friend had made about 5 years ago in a 4" PVC tube. It was just 2 SS 5/8allthread bolts about 3 inches apart sticking straight down in water and it produces very little bubbles but it produced. so what peistew has should be doing something even if it is very little.

peistew
09-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Hey Guys,

I put a little baking soda in the water and the generator started working immediately! I have had it working for 3 days now and notice a difference in my MPG already!

I'm not sure on the actual numbers yet, but i know i'm getting more for sure

Thanks for the help!

Helz_McFugly
09-03-2009, 09:33 AM
I kinda figured it was the lack of electrolyte. the baking soda does work ok for an elecrolyte but youll get some orange sludge in your water. KOH (potassium hydroxide) works the best and cleanest. just google it, there are plenty of places to order from.