PDA

View Full Version : Is this It?? Volo FS2

Roland Jacques
08-28-2009, 04:51 PM
The new Chip made for HHO. Volo FS2
http://yhst-19807630266082.stores.yahoo.net/fs2hhoedition.html

Plugs into the OBD2 plugs receptacle and no more ...

I really dont have any idea what they took under consideration when making this. I'm wondering if they have even tested it yet. Anyway it is new and they are selling it. Maybe this FS2 is the answer that many HHOers have been looking for.

Anybody have anymore info or links to any more info on ether of these Volo Fuel Saver chips?

Jager
08-29-2009, 07:25 PM
Looks very appealing, I own a OBD1 car. These are limited to OBD2 applications only..
I also own a 97 Probe GTS with OBD2, I'll be installing a dry cell, PWM and a VOLO FS2 when I decide to run HHO.

I love the concept!!

Stevo
08-29-2009, 07:26 PM
I see issues with this device because:

When sensor signals are tweaked to trick the computer into thinking that it is receiving more fuel in order to get the computer to add less fuel... the typical corresponding logic from the computer is to advance the timing. You don't want that to happen for obvious reasons. This is just a glorified signal injection device, not an actual reprogrammer.

You want to add less fuel and retard ignition timing. All this OBDII talk makes me glad my car is OBDI, 94 and Japanese designed. :)

biggy boy
08-29-2009, 07:30 PM
I have the FS1
Which was/is also for HHO and gas savings without HHO.
With just the FS1 and NO HHO, I'm seeing a 13% improvement in mileage.
I have not finished making my cell. Anyway I want to get a good mileage baseline before installing the HHO cell.
It is building up slowly. I put it in on Aug the 21 so it's been a complete
week. Dan the owner advised me It will continue to improve.
I saw the new one It just came out this week, wish I knew it was coming out. i would have gotten the FS2.

Glen

biggy boy
08-29-2009, 07:33 PM
I see issues with this device because:

When sensor signals are tweaked to trick the computer into thinking that it is receiving more fuel in order to get the computer to add less fuel... the typical corresponding logic from the computer is to advance the timing. You don't want that to happen for obvious reasons. This is just a glorified signal injection device, not an actual reprogrammer.

You want to add less fuel and retard ignition timing. All this OBDII talk makes me glad my car is OBDI, 94 and Japanese designed. :)

It doesn't enhance any of the sensors! it's not an enhancer or EFIE.
It uses new maps for the vehicles computer to use.

Stevo
08-29-2009, 08:57 PM
It doesn't enhance any of the sensors! it's not an enhancer or EFIE.
It uses new maps for the vehicles computer to use.

Oh really?! Ok, well I wrote some stuff then deleted it. Good luck with your FS2 and let us know how it works out.

biggy boy
08-29-2009, 10:28 PM
I don't have an FS2

Roland Jacques
08-29-2009, 11:33 PM
i emailed them before they had the FS 2 and asked about timing retarding with the FS1 still waiting for a response.

Heres the reponce

I have a few question pertaining to these chips. I dont think my O2 sesor are working right on my 2001 GMC Savana van because my MPG has droped to about 9 MPG. It does not though a code so im not sure.

1. is there an way to turn the chip off?
2. Do the O2 sensors have to be in top working condition or working at all for these chips to save fuel?
3. The GMC Savana van i have has 2 different O2 sensors available for it. one for trucks over 8500 lbs and one for vans under 8500 lbs. Will it matter with one i have for your chip?

4 do these retard timing or advance timing. because im interested in adding HHO?

Thanks Roland Jacques

To turn the device off, power must be disconnected (red or black wire).
Yes, you must have a working O2 sensor for the Volo Chip to function properly.
I'm afraid I can't answer your third question. I would suggest you inquire at your local automotive parts dealer.
Timing is adjusted dynamically across many load points,
check out the FS2 for HHO compatibility.
Thanks!

biggy boy
08-31-2009, 08:21 PM
I do wish they had more Info on how exactly the FS2 will work with HHO.

Yes me too, it would be good to know exactly how it is done.

Glen

Roland Jacques
08-31-2009, 09:37 PM
Yes me too, it would be good to know exactly how it is done.

Glen
Man, i just read your link, WOW, Some folks have got great results with that FS1. 50% on the hwy! :)

And your 13% average gain right out of the box is awesome.:)

It really sounds like the magic bullet that some of us have been looking for.
I'm bummed they dont have them for my mini vans.:(
I'm ordering a FS2 for my big 1 ton. :D

biggy boy
08-31-2009, 10:34 PM
Keep us posted Roland on your findings, We need to know whether this device
really does what others are claiming.

Glen

taz2781
09-02-2009, 10:26 AM
This is the message that I recive from the contact in the Volo Performance store. (danny@voloperformance.com)

The FS1 will work great with your HHO system. If in the future you would like to try the FS2, we offer a trade-up program. Thanks!

Dan

Sales & Installation

www.VoloPerformance.com

FS2 - HHO Edition Now Available!

This sound good, so we, the ones that had bougth the fs1, have options.:D

biggy boy
09-02-2009, 11:02 AM
This is the message that I recive from the contact in the Volo Performance store. (danny@voloperformance.com)

This sound good, so we, the ones that had bougth the fs1, have options.:D

Yes Dan sent me a form to fill out for the credit to go towards a FS2.

Texasdriver
10-15-2009, 05:40 PM
I ordered the FS2 on Oct. 14 and a new dry cell. I should have everything in about 2 weeks. I've read all the posts on this subject and it's got me excited about this new device (FS2). Here's what I'm working with. I have a 2008 honda civic (took me 20 minutes to find the OBD ll) with about 280K on it already. Yes, I do a lot of driving. About 15K per month. Don't ask. Anyway. I purchased the FS2 from www.hydrogengarage.com and the fuel cell from www.flotechhho.com It's a cool design. A sealed dry cell sitting in it's own resivor. No need for separate resivor, gravity fed and all that nonsense. I want to try this cell because the new civic has no space under the hood and not too many good spots to mount a resivor in the trunk. As soon as I'm all hooked up I'll let ya'll know my results. Right now I'm averaging 35 mpg stock. One more thing you might be interested in. I'm goning to be using a new electrolyte called NCE (Non-Caustic Electrolyte). You can check it out here. http://www.deitechnology.com/nce.htm

Helz_McFugly
10-15-2009, 06:35 PM
welcome to the forum Texasdriver. Im glad more people are getting the FS2, for myselfish gain because I have one and want to hear its working for others. Mines working great. no nead for any other efie even though I have an efie, I havent hooked it up yet because the FS2 is doing me right. Thats a pretty cool designed e-lyzer. We'e gone full circle. Bath cell to Dry cell to Dry in Bath cell. please keep us posted on your gains.

hhonewbie
10-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Im glad more people are getting the FS2, for myselfish gain because I have one and want to hear its working for others. Mines working great. no nead for any other efie even though I have an efie, I havent hooked it up yet because the FS2 is doing me right.

Hey Helz,
Is the FS2 all its cracked up to be? Can it be adjusted to make custom gains 0-60%? or is it a pre-programed set gain? What % MPG gain are you getting with the FS2? Do you have a PWM with your setup? What amps are you running at?

Helz_McFugly
10-15-2009, 11:26 PM
well I think what its doing, and this is a guess because they refuse to tell more then it takes reading from all sensors and tells the ecm to set a/f and timing, is taking a quick reading from a few of the sensors, not sure which, and soft flashing a MAP setting every 30ish seconds. that map setting might jsut be the same one every time, who knows, or it could really be taking a reading from the 02, MAF, MAP, and other, then flashing the ECM with a MAP that retards the timing and leans the a/f. I ran my 1lpm 13.8vdc/12amps (about a 6MMW) for a while and I got a 6 MPG gain. I started at 19, I put the HHO on and it went down to 14, I added the FS2 and it went up to 25MPG. so its doing somethign right, but in all honesty I think we could get better gains with efie's.

FYI: Im rebuilding my system right now to get 2.5 to 3 LPM. im runnign the FS2 with NO HHO right now and it went back down to 19MPG.
It works, jsut not sure how good. Ide like to hear from others. one guy had one and it did nothing but I think his cell had a low MMW

hhonewbie
10-16-2009, 02:58 AM
Helz,
Are you using a PWM with your setup?

Helz_McFugly
10-16-2009, 08:00 AM
yes I am. Its ZFF's version of the CCPWM that has a double mosfet in it for high current.

Roland Jacques
10-17-2009, 04:52 PM
I ordered the FS2 on Oct. 14 and a new dry cell. I should have everything in about 2 weeks. I've read all the posts on this subject and it's got me excited about this new device (FS2). Here's what I'm working with. I have a 2008 honda civic (took me 20 minutes to find the OBD ll) with about 280K on it already. Yes, I do a lot of driving. About 15K per month. Don't ask. Anyway. I purchased the FS2 from www.hydrogengarage.com and the fuel cell from www.flotechhho.com It's a cool design. A sealed dry cell sitting in it's own resivor. No need for separate resivor, gravity fed and all that nonsense. I want to try this cell because the new civic has no space under the hood and not too many good spots to mount a resivor in the trunk. As soon as I'm all hooked up I'll let ya'll know my results. Right now I'm averaging 35 mpg stock. One more thing you might be interested in. I'm goning to be using a new electrolyte called NCE (Non-Caustic Electrolyte). You can check it out here. http://www.deitechnology.com/nce.htm

The NCE looks very interesting.

Let us no how well it works?

Wondering what it is
"If you make the mistake of adding the NCE to the water without the power on, your NCE will be neutralized (at least temporarily), so be sure to not to miss the step of powering up your system before adding NCE to the reservoir."

biggy boy
10-17-2009, 06:35 PM
:eek: Did you see the price of the NCE thou!!
And the shipping charge!!
I emailed them and asked them to send me the MSDS sheet for the product.

oicu812
10-17-2009, 07:00 PM
notice no one says what this stuff is made of ? could it possibly be a cobalt phosphate type compound, maybe a cobalt nitrate and potasium phosphate mix? that maybe why they want it powered up while adding it. researchers at MIT have been working on this for awhile now. apparantly when power is applied a film of cobalt developes on the positive plates greatly improving the o2 production and releasing the hydrogen ions so it can form on the negative plates. the MIT team are using some expensive electrodes though, ITO (indium tin oxide) for positive and platinum for the negative. I wonder how copper or aluminium would hold up in this type of electrolyite. potasium phosphate will break down to produce a small amount of KOH but its still a 7.0 ph level, basicly ph neutral .

biggy boy
10-17-2009, 07:15 PM
they say it's safe for aluminium! at there web site!

Texasdriver
10-18-2009, 08:18 PM
The NCE looks very interesting.

Let us no how well it works?

Wondering what it is
"If you make the mistake of adding the NCE to the water without the power on, your NCE will be neutralized (at least temporarily), so be sure to not to miss the step of powering up your system before adding NCE to the reservoir."

I hear ya. I will be fallowing the instructions to a tee. NCE was introduced to me by Dennis Lee on a conference call a few months ago. He does weekly calls with his main mechanics and technician's discussing their HAFC (hydrogen assist fuel cell), and how to make it work properly on different vehicles. NCE is the latest and greatest product they are bringing to market to replace KOH and it's draw backs. I hope to have my HHO system installed in the next two weeks. I will post my results here on the FS2 and the NCE. Also check the testimonial thread for my mileage results.

oicu812
10-19-2009, 05:04 PM
just read on another forum that NCE may be just sodium carbonate dissolved in distilled water? its considered slightly caustic, though not as caustic as KOH or NAOH. its used as a ph manager in swimming pools

biggy boy
10-19-2009, 05:28 PM
just read on another forum that NCE may be just sodium carbonate dissolved in distilled water? its considered slightly caustic, though not as caustic as KOH or NAOH. its used as a ph manager in swimming pools

Haha that would be funny if it was just Sodium Carbonate Na2CO3

oicu812
10-19-2009, 07:28 PM
yeah... can you imagine how much money they're gonna make billing this product as the latest and greatest electrolyite. you can buy 10 pounds of it for $20.00 bucks. from what I understand it does make a decent electrolyite and is a little easier on the anode.

biggy boy
10-19-2009, 08:55 PM
If it is true, Than they should be ashamed of themselves for charging so much!!

oicu812
10-19-2009, 09:37 PM
If it is true, Than they should be ashamed of themselves for charging so much!! from what other people are saying these people are shameless out for a quick buck

Texasdriver
10-20-2009, 04:31 AM
I do feel like a bit of a tool for paying $30 for this product. But if it works well, then I'll be able to live with it.

Helz_McFugly
10-20-2009, 08:06 AM
I do feel like a bit of a tool for paying $30 for this product. But if it works well, then I'll be able to live with it.
what did you pay $30 for?

biggy boy
10-20-2009, 09:58 AM

Well someone had to bit the bullet, for science!!
Yet us know how it turns out.

Glen

Helz_McFugly
10-20-2009, 10:24 AM
what the heck did he buy???????

methaneb
10-20-2009, 11:08 AM
I picked up one of these FS2s, and a ScanGauge 2. I will be able to get some baseline readings, but.. any idea if it is possible to run the SG2 and the FS2 at the same time? Maybe I could build a Y-harness for the ADLC... so that I don't have to hack up the connectors on my new toys. Or just shove wires into the connectors and do it the dirty way.

Helz_McFugly
10-20-2009, 11:40 AM
the FS2 doesnt plug into the OBD2 plug, its tapped into 4 wires just behind the plug. your scan tool should plug into the OBD2 plug itself. no hacking required :cool:

Tundra4x4
10-20-2009, 01:53 PM
from what i have gathered it is altering the fuel maps and changing them to use hho. If i have read this right it changes back and forth between maps for on/off hho and difference loads from what the sensors are reading at the time. But I am almost sure that it doesnt save any maps like a performance chip does. With the FS2 it keeps changing to make the maps better. For example, it will change from winter weather to summer weather and not stay the same to get the same gains as it did or better. I am still trying to pick apart my professors brain on the FS2 so I will let you know when i get it back from him.

biggy boy
10-20-2009, 02:41 PM
from what i have gathered it is altering the fuel maps and changing them to use hho. If i have read this right it changes back and forth between maps for on/off hho and difference loads from what the sensors are reading at the time. But I am almost sure that it doesnt save any maps like a performance chip does. With the FS2 it keeps changing to make the maps better. For example, it will change from winter weather to summer weather and not stay the same to get the same gains as it did or better. I am still trying to pick apart my professors brain on the FS2 so I will let you know when i get it back from him.

Cool:cool:

Texasdriver
10-20-2009, 06:29 PM
what did you pay $30 for?

A liquid electrolyte. NCE (Non-Caustic Electrolyte). They're charging $19 for the NCE and $9.95 for S/H. You can see it here.

http://www.deitechnology.com/orderpaypal.htm

Texasdriver
10-20-2009, 06:39 PM
I picked up one of these FS2s, and a ScanGauge 2. I will be able to get some baseline readings, but.. any idea if it is possible to run the SG2 and the FS2 at the same time? Maybe I could build a Y-harness for the ADLC... so that I don't have to hack up the connectors on my new toys. Or just shove wires into the connectors and do it the dirty
way.

I believe the FS2 comes with a conector to plug directly into the OBDll. But like you and the rest of us you'll have your scangage pluged in. In which case you'll just tap into the wires behind the plug. Here's the wire protocal tool for the FS2. Makes installing and conecting to correct wires very easy.

http://hydrogengarage.com/ds2install.html

biggy boy
10-20-2009, 07:09 PM
I believe the FS2 comes with a conector to plug directly into the OBDll. But like you and the rest of us you'll have your scangage pluged in. In which case you'll just tap into the wires behind the plug. Here's the wire protocal tool for the FS2. Makes installing and conecting to correct wires very easy.

http://hydrogengarage.com/ds2install.html
No the FS2 doesn't plug into the OBDII port! It comes with splice wire connectors. The type you put the two wires in and squeeze with a pair of pliers. The connector splice punches metal prongs through the wires insulation
and touches the copper wire, thus joining the wires together.

I have the FS2 and a ScanGauge in my truck!

Glen

Texasdriver
10-20-2009, 07:46 PM
No the FS2 doesn't plug into the OBDII port! It comes with splice wire connectors. The type you put the two wires in and squeeze with a pair of pliers. The connector splice punches metal prongs through the wires insulation
and touches the copper wire, thus joining the wires together.

I have the FS2 and a ScanGauge in my truck!

Glen

My bad biggy. I misread this paragraph from hydrogengarage.

Easy Installation, only 4 wires! Locate the OBD-II port, use the included connectors, or solder and you're done. Connects behind your OBD II connector's wires. You can still use the OBD II plug for any accessory, including the most excellent engine on board monitor, the Scangauge II.

I thought, "included connectors" was referring to an optional OBDll connector that came with the FS2. But it was just referring to the snaps. :)

My brain not smart sometimes.

biggy boy
10-20-2009, 08:37 PM
My brain not smart sometimes.
That's OK!
Mine nether most of the time LOL

hhonewbie
10-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Would it improve MPG even more if you were to use 2x FS2 chips in the circuit?

Helz_McFugly
10-21-2009, 04:43 AM
highly unlikely. its soft flashing the ECM with a new MAP, 2 would not hlep

Texasdriver
10-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know I received my FS2 in the mail today. Looks like they had another software update. The sticker on the box shows
Model: FS2.1-HHO Firmware: Rev. 5.1
I'm going to install it today. And drive for a week with the FS2 only. No HHO.

My baseline is 36.16 mpg @ 65mph. I drive 600 miles and use about 1 1/2 tanks of gas everyday six days a week. So it won't take long to get the results. :D

Helz_McFugly
10-21-2009, 07:18 PM
good god man. Are you a courier?

Texasdriver
10-22-2009, 12:24 AM
yeah. i work for a pharmacy.

biggy boy
10-22-2009, 06:57 AM
yeah. i work for a pharmacy.

Pharmacy wink wink right.......LOL

Helz_McFugly
10-22-2009, 09:25 AM
oh i got ya. youre a drug runner. :p you should try it in a speed boat down on the mexican border.. wow what a rush. notice the boat in Biggys avitar, hmmm

biggy boy
10-22-2009, 10:50 AM
I use the boat for running inexpensive American cigarettes across the border to Canada.
Ive taking it over the falls six times now:eek: In the picture you can see my kids helping me unload the boxes.
I aways get them to help, that way if the police catch us I just blame it on the kids! LOL

Texasdriver
10-22-2009, 04:37 PM
hey hey hey. Drug runner!!? Ok. Who am I kidding? Of course I am. You guys need anything? LOL Actually, I do travel within just miles of the Mexico border. And there's noway back north without going through a check point. Open 24/7. And then, of course, there's the dogs. No chance in hell you're getting past the dogs. I kick myself for not having my camera with me at all times. I could have had a whole scrapbook by now of all the drug busts I've seen. It's still hilarious every time.

Texasdriver
11-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Ok. I've tested the FS2 for two weeks now and have not noticed any increase in fuel mileage. I'm still averaging around 36 mpg driving 65 mph. Now, for the next test, I;m going to install my HHO system and see how it works in conjunction with the FS2. Which is the primary reason I got the FS2.

Roland Jacques
11-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Ok. I've tested the FS2 for two weeks now and have not noticed any increase in fuel mileage. I'm still averaging around 36 mpg driving 65 mph. Now, for the next test, I;m going to install my HHO system and see how it works in conjunction with the FS2. Which is the primary reason I got the FS2.

Yeah mine gave me no improvement ether. But I just started using my ProScan OBD scanner (Awesome tool dont no whwy i waited so long to get it) and found issues with 2 of my O2 sensors. So ill replace the bad o2 sensors before casting final judgement on the FS2.