PDA

View Full Version : Is my HHO tax deductible?

cabrera
08-24-2009, 12:40 PM
I see absolutely no threads regarding tax credits or deductions for an HHO equipped vehicle.
I have read in many pages on the net that under the clean air act I can make tax deductions. On the IRS website of course I see nothing. The only thing I see is deductions for buying a hybrid car from the dealers.
So, my question is can I deduct my HHO cost once installed on my car? Has anyone on here claimed it & using what form?

I'm sure this is a topic we ALL have an interest in <lol>

hhonewbie
08-24-2009, 05:20 PM
If your already increasing MPG and saving$$$ theres no need to get tax deductable and if your gen is DIY and not government approved/liscenced/registrated etc. theres no way there going to give you tax deductable. By the time you pay$$$ to get approval/liscence/register your tax deductable amounts to very little or nothing at all. They'll give you 10 with 1 hand and take 20 with the other. In some countries its best to keep your savings$$$ devises to yourself

cabrera
08-24-2009, 07:52 PM
I was kind of sure that it wasn't when I saw a list with the acronym "QHV". There use to be a tax credit for modifying an engine but it expired in 2005.

jerrygoldsmith
09-15-2009, 05:13 PM
I used to work with a guy who was WAY to good at getting grants from the government and private organizations. He got a grant for his WIFI ISP, he got a grant to redo his kitchen, and he got a grant to make an electric car.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could do the same. Of course, he was also nuts and spent months and months working on getting them, which could have been spent on his projects instead.

cabrera
09-15-2009, 06:01 PM
I used to work with a guy who was WAY to good at getting grants from the government and private organizations. He got a grant for his WIFI ISP, he got a grant to redo his kitchen, and he got a grant to make an electric car.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could do the same. Of course, he was also nuts and spent months and months working on getting them, which could have been spent on his projects instead.

Probably true. When I was a kid I remember reading that they gave a $3million grant to find out why pizza burns the roof of your mouth.
Anyway...
Welcome to the forum Jerry!