PDA

View Full Version : Off the grid cabin, cooking with HHO

tammons3
07-09-2009, 02:41 PM
I plan to have other systems for general heating, cooling, etc. but I am interested in looking at a solar system to cook with HHO.

Figure I could do it either of 2 ways both with dedicated systems.

#1 Dedicated solar cell only, IE create and contain gas in a gravity tank type container, IE lightly compressed.

#2 or probably a better solution solar panel, battery storage, then make gas as I need it.

Would like to run 2 burners at simmer and maybe an oven, but not neccessarily the oven at the same time.

Will have a wood stove as a backup.

So having very little experience at real HHO production the question would be
How many liters per min I would need and how big of a solar cell would it take to drive it.

Seems like I remember reading 3 Lpm for a burner somewhere, but not sure.

I am thinking the burner output could be regulated by the current in.

Roland Jacques
07-09-2009, 04:56 PM
To generate 3lpm you'll need around 1000 watts. it will depend on the type of electrolyzer you use.

gashead
07-09-2009, 04:58 PM
I plan to have other systems for general heating, cooling, etc. but I am interested in looking at a solar system to cook with HHO.

Figure I could do it either of 2 ways both with dedicated systems.

#1 Dedicated solar cell only, IE create and contain gas in a gravity tank type container, IE lightly compressed.

#2 or probably a better solution solar panel, battery storage, then make gas as I need it.

Would like to run 2 burners at simmer and maybe an oven, but not neccessarily the oven at the same time.

Will have a wood stove as a backup.

So having very little experience at real HHO production the question would be
How many liters per min I would need and how big of a solar cell would it take to drive it.

Seems like I remember reading 3 Lpm for a burner somewhere, but not sure.

I am thinking the burner output could be regulated by the current in.

you will need roughly, 700 to 800 watts of solar panels, 4 batteries, charge controller and 1500 watt inverter to produce enough to make 3 lpm. its probably alot cheaper to use propane

Roland Jacques
07-09-2009, 05:50 PM
You would not need the inverter. All DC. But propane would diffently be cheaper.